Items for the KinShop - 💡 ​​​Suggestion Box - Kinmunity Jump to content

I’m going to open this with the admission that I don’t have any ideas right now myself, and I wasn’t sure where else to post this, but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas for things to add to the KinShop. I keep wanting to buy things but there’s not much, (most I can’t afford either), so I was wondering what sorts of things we could suggest, or if anyone else had any that have been rattling around in their head and wanted to share.

I promise if I think of any that I’ll post them!

And @Naia if you have guidelines about what sorts of things you want to offer in the shop so we know what we shouldn’t and shouldn’t suggest, that would be very helpful. :teeheej:

- panthera onca -

Hi,

We need graphical badges for the shop currently (like we had on the old site) and as far as feature additions, I'll be working on this in the near future. 

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

Posted (edited)

I may be able to help with some of the graphics, though I’m not the most skilled pixel artist. But if you’d ever like my help, lemme know. 👍

Edited by Jethero
  • Like 1

- panthera onca -

On 3/5/2019 at 10:20 PM, Jethero said:

I may be able to help with some of the graphics, though I’m not the most skilled pixel artist. But if you’d ever like my help, lemme know. 👍

Send me a PM or get with me on Discord,

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

Maybe purchasable badges, akin to the Administrator, Guardian, and VIP badges?

Like, you could buy a badge that says "FICTIONKIN" or "THERIAN", or you could even go into "WOLFKIN" or "BIG CATKIN" if you'd like something more specific. There could also be system badges, like "ENDOGENIC", "TRAUMAGENIC", or "PLURAL SYSTEM". You could also include pronoun & pride flag badges.

I think it could be just a fun little thing that could add some items to the shop and give some normal members a little flair!

You could also add something that allows you to enable or disable certain badges you've bought.

• For example, one day I want to have the label "WOLFKIN" because I'm in a wolf shift, but I don't want to have "FICTIONKIN" because I'm not in that shift. So, I turn off "FICTIONKIN" and turn on "WOLFKIN", but I could still turn "FICTIONKIN" on if I wanted to later. That way, users don't have to re-buy a label just because they didn't want it for a little bit.

----

Also, related to badges (not technically a shop item, but it has to do with money) Badges for those who donate to the site, possibly a name color as well? (Maybe blue or green so it isn't confused with the mods' reds and oranges?) Just to give a little incentive to donate, even if it is small.

• Like 4

Maybe some little borders or "frames" that we could have around our profile pictures for some extra flair? 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif

3 hours ago, beanjamoose said:

Also, related to badges (not technically a shop item, but it has to do with money) Badges for those who donate to the site, possibly a name color as well? (Maybe blue or green so it isn't confused with the mods' reds and oranges?) Just to give a little incentive to donate, even if it is small.

I could add this to the gold donor role if anyone is interested. Donating less than what is required for gold status does not result in a usergroup addition, so it would not be possible to link a name color to that.

3 hours ago, beanjamoose said:

Maybe purchasable badges, akin to the Administrator, Guardian, and VIP badges?

Like, you could buy a badge that says "FICTIONKIN" or "THERIAN", or you could even go into "WOLFKIN" or "BIG CATKIN" if you'd like something more specific. There could also be system badges, like "ENDOGENIC", "TRAUMAGENIC", or "PLURAL SYSTEM". You could also include pronoun & pride flag badges.

I think it could be just a fun little thing that could add some items to the shop and give some normal members a little flair!

You could also add something that allows you to enable or disable certain badges you've bought.

• For example, one day I want to have the label "WOLFKIN" because I'm in a wolf shift, but I don't want to have "FICTIONKIN" because I'm not in that shift. So, I turn off "FICTIONKIN" and turn on "WOLFKIN", but I could still turn "FICTIONKIN" on if I wanted to later. That way, users don't have to re-buy a label just because they didn't want it for a little bit.

So, this is actually planned. See the "Trophies & Medals" section under some user posts? We will have purchasable ones and it is possible to enable or disable showing of individual badges. It will be shown there, rather than the group listing, to prevent confusion with staff members ranks.

44 minutes ago, Naia said:

So, this is actually planned. See the "Trophies & Medals" section under some user posts? We will have purchasable ones and it is possible to enable or disable showing of individual badges. It will be shown there, rather than the group listing, to prevent confusion with staff members ranks.

Oh, that's really smart! It sounds cool, I'm excited to see it!

4 hours ago, GingerFurrila said:

I know a couple pixel artists that could help with designing badges if needed!

Have them get in touch with me please!

11 minutes ago, GingerFurrila said:

Is your Discord name the same as here?

Yes. Naia Ōkami#7741

Could we have IRL merch at some point? Maybe mugs with the KM logo? T-shirts, perhaps? Even some small pins might be nice. Stuff like that could be pretty coolsmile.PNG.90233eaa6625e0573027e92b95e9c951.PNGSince it might be a bit more costly it could also make a good reward for donors instead. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif