Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Raijun

Do you speak other languages?

26 posts in this topic

A question that doesn't require any elaboration from me!

I speak English natively, and have studied a little bit of Japanese, and my background is of a Hebraic persuasion, though I rarely have the opportunity to speak Hebrew. I think I will have to brush up on it though, as I'm about to get an intern from Israel working in the office. Nobody else here speaks Hebrew. The owner is Jewish but speaks everything but Hebrew fluently. At least I know all of the words that let me know if they're insulting someone behind their back.

I sort of feel like that's an acceptable reason to learn a language. :-/

I speak Swedish and English, where the former is my native language. I'm more or less fluent in English. Beyond that I've dabbled in Latin, Japanese and French, but I speak none of them with anything resembling fluency. I can usually understand what's going on in a conversation in French but I can't speak it to save my life.

My native language is English and I'm currently learning German. I've dabbled a bit in Japanese and Russian before.

I speak Polish which is my native language and English as you can see.

Well my primary language technically is Spanish, my parents and grandparents decided to teach me and my sisters that first, then decided to start mixing English in so that we knew the language before pre K.

I speak English, and I'm learning Japanese for the heck of it. I'm also supposedly learning Russian for school.

Cherokee, I made thread recently where I share some words and phrases every now and then; as well as for others share things from the language they know. I want to learn Japanese and Yoruba(A Nigerian dialect) my best friend is Nigerian and he's taught me a little. There's still more for me to learn about Cherokee even, I continue to find new words and ways to say things, it's a very interesting language.

I speak English as my main language . We also are learning our tribe's language, Chitimacha, and we dabble in Spanish and French though the husband is the one who speaks French best.

~Jessie

My main language is English but I've dabbled in Na'vi, Japanese and had to learn Spanish in middle school but I haven't pursued it. My first Na'vi sentence was "I see smoke"

I'm pretty fluent in inmate, which I'm sure anyone who's worked or been in prison would agree is it's own language. Seriously though, English, fairly good Spanish (Latin American dialect), and poor French.

My native language is Portuguese (as I'm Brazilian) and I know enough English to have a good talk - I could say it's almost fluent. I can, also, read and understand some texts in Spanish (due its similarities with my native language) with no much difficulties.

I have some interest in learning Japanese.

Well, Spanish is my native language but other than English I'm not really fluent in anything else.

Do conlangs count? :P

More seriously, my only language other than English at the moment is French, at an abysmal level of fluency. I'd like to learn others, but I'm not sure I've really got the talent for it! Perhaps I'll just stick to studying linguistics itself.

I wish I spoke better Japanese. But I know enough to understand.

I DO however take on a british or Welsh accent constantly. I find talking normally as "american" (even though it's how I was raised) as rough.

When I speak with an accent I find I am able to talk at piece instead of stumble on my words. It's weird and idk why I prefer something I've never

came into contact with but I have since watched a lot of more british tv and such and take in how I talk, it helps me so *shrug* oh well xD

I took two semesters of German, although I'm starting to forget a lot (not really using it). I do plan to brush up on it though. Germany is on my list of places to travel at some point in my life.

English is my native language, but I used to be able to speak conversational German. I spent a couple months over there as part of an exchange but I haven't used it much since then so I'm a little rusty. I'd love to get back into speaking it though! Otherwise, I know a couple words of Gaelic, some phrases in Spanish and French (like enough to sort of ask for directions or where the nearest toilet is/basic manners in a restaurant etc.) and I'm not sure if Piglatin counts but I'm pretty boss lol.

English is my native language, but I used to be able to speak conversational German. I spent a couple months over there as part of an exchange but I haven't used it much since then so I'm a little rusty. I'd love to get back into speaking it though! Otherwise, I know a couple words of Gaelic, some phrases in Spanish and French (like enough to sort of ask for directions or where the nearest toilet is/basic manners in a restaurant etc.) and I'm not sure if Piglatin counts but I'm pretty boss lol.

Wie interessant! Ich wünsche, dass ich in Deutschland studieren könnte. But hey, if you ever want to speak with someone in German, I'm around.

The main language I speak in my day to day life is English, though all of my schooling was in French. Being out of school for so long I've lost most of my French speaking and spelling wise but can understand it spoken to me just fine.

With that though I've problems later on making me fluent in neither of those languages, but having a sort of basic passable understanding of each.

I can speak a bit of Spanish, and I know a few songs in Russian and Swedish, but that's about it.

The language I speak most is English, but I also speak Swedish. I'm in the process of learning Japanese as a third language.

Japanese seems quite popular as a second language! I was actually forced to study it at weekend school for a few years by my mother and was very determined NOT to learn. I'd always mess with the teacher by making her say things that japanese people have trouble saying. I'd ask her how to say the word in japanese as she'd always repeat it to herself. Like, "Hey Yukiko, how do you say violin in japanese?" "Biorin?" I was a terrible kid.

Spanish is my mother tongue, and I also understand a few Portuguese due to it being similar to Spanish. I can also dabble Japanese a little.

Other than english, I can speak French fairly well, and can carry a conversation in German. I know a few phrases of Japanese, and a few words in Russian, Gaelic, and Italian