Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Attaia

considering
Expanded Rating Statistics

So, we already have the ability via our profiles to see the number of ratings (and which types) we've received and given, and the member lists permits us to see top lists of who's received the most positive (or negative) ratings.

Now, this suggestion is born mostly out of curiousity, but I think it would be interesting (and fun) to be able to search specifically by rating to see who's received more of a certain type (say, "Unique", "Useful", "High Quality", etc.) of rating. A general census/statistics block on how many ratings of every kind have been given out board-wide would be interesting to see, as well.

Yes, this is probably totally useless in the long run, but I think it'd be fun and interesting.

I have wanted to see a top positive ratings that subtracts the negative ratings from the positive ones. Having 200 positive ratings probably shouldn't put a person at the top of the list if they also have 100 negative ratings.

This is probably something that is doable if enough people would like to see it, as it would be a simple database query.

Further expanding on this idea, maybe it could be interesting to search by posts? Like, see which threads or posts have gotten the most positive/negative ratings? Likewise, have a library displaying posts that get many "Informative" ratings, for example. These posts could be useful to people in general, even after the threads they're buried in die or close.

Further expanding on this idea, maybe it could be interesting to search by posts? Like, see which threads or posts have gotten the most positive/negative ratings? Likewise, have a library displaying posts that get many "Informative" ratings, for example. These posts could be useful to people in general, even after the threads they're buried in die or close.

I really back up this idea. People who are new to the site or otherkin can quickly access informative and useful posts. We could also see what creative things people have in mind by the ratings. I don't know how well this might work since they're comments in threads rather than separate threads but it could work.