Let's all get to know each other better! Drop 5 fun facts about yourself! - Page 2 - 💬​​​​​​​ Chit Chat - Kinmunity Jump to content

Let's all get to know each other better! Drop 5 fun facts about yourself!

9 hours ago, Tranquil_Song said:

1. I love art in almost any form, and I'd like to learn how to tattoo. 

2. Ehm... I guess I have a bunch of diagnoses too, but I'll just mention the ones majorly affecting my daily life; Agoraphobia, PTSD, ADHD, Anxiety and depression.

3. I have 3 pets. Two guineapigs, Trold and Otto, and my couch-bunny Baby. Baby is never locked  in a cage, but she goes there to do her "business". 

4. I am a very introverted person, and I feel like I get along better with nature and other species than humans. 

5. I love sleeping. It's very underrated. I wish I had more time to sleep.

Introverted artist buddies! I have mixed feelings these days on sleep. I hate going to sleep, but once I do, it's wonderful and I hate waking up. I can't win... 😕 

6 hours ago, Velvet said:

1. I'm very much a "dog person". Basically everything in my life revolves around dogs.

2. I have aphantasia - the inability to visualise. For most of my life I didn't realise people could actually do that, I figured "visualise" was a figurative term. I also don't get visuals in my dreams...

3. I'm British and dislike tea. :blepj:

4. I'm also a self-taught artist, although I don't practice as much as I should and my skill is limited to animals - mostly canines/felines. I really should try drawing other things...

5. I'm a night owl who wants to be a morning person. I love the idea of getting up early, watching the sun rise, etc... But the reality is no matter how early I go to bed my body just doesn't want to wake up. I either sleep through the alarms, wake up only to fall asleep again or manage to get up but feel like a zombie for an hour or two...

I'm a dog person too! Which is sort of weird considering my kintype is a cat... 

3 hours ago, Vintage said:

Fun facts- okay!

1. My most 'mind consuming' hobbies are drawing and writing, mainly of my changeling kintype and their world 

2. I've been in the kin community for seven years 

3. I love PC gaming (...because I don't have the room for consoles lol)

4. I enjoy horseback riding, and do mainly English discipline (but I do like western)

5. Phantom shifts have been my #1 most common shift ever since I've known I was kin'. It just ended up that way.

I've actually had kind of the opposite experience when it comes to shifts. I had loads of mental shifts and almost no phantom shifts when it started out, but now I rarely mental shift and have phantom shifts almost daily. 

4 hours ago, MariaTheFictionkin said:
  1. I'm a furry (fan of anthropomorphic animals/creatures)
  2. I tried to make a fursona once (a house fly, sergal and a heartless creature) but never worked out. None felt like "me".
  3. Most of my soulbonds are anthropomorphic creatures.
  4. I'm polyamorous (married to one of my soulbonds, VictorTheSlimeCat. Engaged to another, ZackTheSerialKiller. I also have mutual/sexual relationships with my friends & soulbonds)
  5. I believe in animism

Animism seems interesting, can you tell me a little more about it please? 😄 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif

Guest MariaTheFictionkin
11 minutes ago, Effervescent-Daydream said:

Animism seems interesting, can you tell me a little more about it please? 😄 

Thanks for the reply! The thread I created in The Inquisition category is the best place that I can answer questions like that as I'm not really comfortable with private messaging:

Edited by MariaTheFictionkin

I guess...we're able to post multiple times so here's some (4) more 'inspired facts' about me (I drew a blank):

-I have a degree in physical and human geography -- and yes I have a favorite rock type and least favorite.

-I'm slowly becoming a journal hoarder..I just love the organization. Might as well compartmentalize your thoughts. (vent journal, kin journal, dream/mystic journal, general...etc)

-I'm pretty agnostic. I have stronger beliefs in things like 'put good in get good out'/energy flows, scrying than I do of deities..

-Back to horseriding.. I like tall (16 hands up), lean horses (I'm tall and lean myself) BUT I've won the most shows on ponies. Er...maybe it was because I looked ridiculous on them, but I tend to find ponies cool too. I'm a little to broke to own one right now---someday.

Alright I'm done.

Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

1. I own two Australian Cattle Dogs 

2. I've broken 5 bones in my life and got stitches 4 times, I'm healthy I just think I'm an idiot lol 

3. I love skydiving, but I'm always very afraid during turbulence on commercial plane flights

4. I'm Jewish, I practice in a reform sense, but I'm not religious or spiritual 

5. I dropped out of high school (RIP me) and have been working for 3 years. In the fall I'm beginning college and will be majoring in Zoology 🙂 

1. I relate heavily to the Magician (the tarot card).
  2. I prefer felines to canines.
  3. Ghost may be my favorite band but my first favorite music genre is witch house. Synthwave is a close second. I listen to almost everything, though.
  4. I'm an eclectic witch with a lefthanded lean.
  5. I plan on being a one-person business by doing tarot readings.
Edited by WitchImage

1 hour ago, Vintage said:

I guess...we're able to post multiple times so here's some (4) more 'inspired facts' about me (I drew a blank):

-I have a degree in physical and human geography -- and yes I have a favorite rock type and least favorite.

-I'm slowly becoming a journal hoarder..I just love the organization. Might as well compartmentalize your thoughts. (vent journal, kin journal, dream/mystic journal, general...etc)

-I'm pretty agnostic. I have stronger beliefs in things like 'put good in get good out'/energy flows, scrying than I do of deities..

-Back to horseriding.. I like tall (16 hands up), lean horses (I'm tall and lean myself) BUT I've won the most shows on ponies. Er...maybe it was because I looked ridiculous on them, but I tend to find ponies cool too. I'm a little to broke to own one right now---someday.

Alright I'm done.

I've recently been trying out art journaling! And what are your favorite/least favorite rocks?

2 hours ago, Effervescent-Daydream said:

I've recently been trying out art journaling! And what are your favorite/least favorite rocks?

I just use my computer to store everything honestly than a physical journal (of course, easier with digital art). 

I have a fondness for  diorite (I like speckles...seriously when have you seen a speckled rock? lol) but I'm branching out.. My favorite types are Igneous..least favorite are Sedimentary. Fossils, plants and fecal pellets in rocks? Ew. /s

Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse hearted
~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

This looks fun! 

1. I am an out 'n proud lesbian with a lovely fiancee. Wedding planning has taken over my life.
  2. I have a daily workout routine, I go to a rock climbing gym when I have week days off, and I have a pretty physical job. 
  3. I finally got approved for a surgery that is going to fix my esophagus! My lower esophageal sphincter does not close, which allows the contents of my stomach to move up my esophagus whenever they feel like. Further, I am pretty decently sure I have a connective tissue disorder that caused this and many other symptoms I have experienced.
  4. I am a vet tech! I passed my VTNE and am waiting for my state board.
  5. If I could choose my theriotype, I would be a magpie or a blue jay. Blue jays are really special to me. They used to be everywhere where I live, but their numbers got decimated by a disease a good many years ago. They have just started to make their comeback. I totally look foreward to those blue assholes being everywhere again! Magpies I am just really fond of. I relate to their love of shiny things. Fun fact, both of them are in the corvidae family! 

1. I'm autistic! Not many people can tell (So I've been told) but I'm very proud of it.

2. I absolutely ADORE doing theatre! I've only ever been in musicals, but I hope to do some normal plays sometime! I'm currently in a production of Shrek: the Musical.

3. I'm part of something called the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism). Basically, we go around doing medieval things! In fact, I have my Award of Arms (AoA) which makes me a Lord, so my full SCA name is Lord Benjamin Carver. (That's not my real last name tho lol)

4. I've won an award for my writing before!

5. I finished Einstein's Fish Riddle in 31 minutes! [Link is a link to the puzzle]

1. I trim horses hooves for a living.

2. I designed and built my own house

3. The closest thing to my belief system would be Druid.

4. I have no diagnosed mental disorders

5. I am a beginner artist, having started drawing at the age of 52.   My preferred medium is digital and the subject is animals.  I hope to eventually start a webcomic.

• Like 1

Ok if we're posting more than once lets see if I can think of some others. :blepj:

1. I've been in the therian community 19 years.

2. I also hold animist-like beliefs.

3. I'm a follower of Tymora. Yeah, the Goddess from D&D forgotten realms.

4. I have a slight obsession with orchids, house plants in general also but the majority of my collection are orchids.

5. I followed @beanjamoose's link to that puzzle and "Congratulations, you win! You finished the game in 00:09:43."

• Like 1

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up.”- Stephen Hawking

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

🍀

Thinking of five whole things about myself is a lot harder than one might think... but I managed to do it!

1. I was a kemetic pagan, now I'm a theistic satanist of sorts.

2. I play violin, but I'm also teaching myself guitar and piano.

3. I love to draw, mostly I draw fanart and kin related stuff.

4. I collect gemstones and rocks.

5. I have a bad habit of starting projects and never finishing them.

• Dislike 1

Lets see if I can do 5 more things.

1. I'm a catgirl and take the form of a catgirl in our headspace.
2. I have 12 soulbonds, that could be considered fictives, but we hate that term.
3. I own one cat, who drives me batshit sometimes. 
4. All but one of my headmates is male or identifies as male.
5. I live with my mother and younger brother.

Uhhhh, lesee here

1. Im in high school

2. I like to draw and I either draw new furry characters or Bendy

3.I've been in the 'kin community since 6th grade, same as furry

4. My first OC was the worst Mary Sue ever. I kept her to be ironic

5. I still watch cartoons...

come with me catch a heffalump, sit with me on a muddy clump, we'll sing a song of days gone by

run along now dont be glum, get yee gone now have some fun

dont be long for the end is nigh

8 hours ago, beanjamoose said:

1. I'm autistic! Not many people can tell (So I've been told) but I'm very proud of it.

2. I absolutely ADORE doing theatre! I've only ever been in musicals, but I hope to do some normal plays sometime! I'm currently in a production of Shrek: the Musical.

3. I'm part of something called the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism). Basically, we go around doing medieval things! In fact, I have my Award of Arms (AoA) which makes me a Lord, so my full SCA name is Lord Benjamin Carver. (That's not my real last name tho lol)

4. I've won an award for my writing before!

5. I finished Einstein's Fish Riddle in 31 minutes! [Link is a link to the puzzle]

6 hours ago, Velvet said:

Ok if we're posting more than once lets see if I can think of some others. :blepj:

1. I've been in the therian community 19 years.

2. I also hold animist-like beliefs.

3. I'm a follower of Tymora. Yeah, the Goddess from D&D forgotten realms.

4. I have a slight obsession with orchids, house plants in general also but the majority of my collection are orchids.

5. I followed @beanjamoose's link to that puzzle and "Congratulations, you win! You finished the game in 00:09:43."

I got 9:12! 

1. I'm 5'2" which uh doesn't bother me at all! /s (I got height dysphoria real bad.)

2. I write poetry. I used to be good at it 😕

3. I'm planning on majoring in psychology and becoming a therapist, because there's a serious lack of actually mentally ill or neurodivergent therapists out there and I think I'll be able to understand my patient better than a neurotypical therapist.

4. I love cats......

5. My favorite song is either Dysphoric by Cavetown or Lone Digger by Caravan Palace.

1. I found out yesterday that i'm hypoglycemic

2. I plan to start a therian youtube channel

3. I've been a therian for around 3 years and started off as one of those annoying 13 y/o wolf kids that thought they knew everything about therianthropy

4. I have horrible social anxiety

5. I'm 16 and only just now learning to drive :'3

Bizhiki | Male | 16 | Bison | YouTuber

Just now, Bizhiki said:

1. I found out yesterday that i'm hypoglycemic

2. I plan to start a therian youtube channel

3. I've been a therian for around 3 years and started off as one of those annoying 13 y/o wolf kids that thought they knew everything about therianthropy

4. I have horrible social anxiety

5. I'm 16 and only just now learning to drive :'3

I'm 17 and still don't know so it's fine 😄

1. I'm intimidated by people who are barely above my height, so like 1 or 2 inches taller than me, but people who are significantly taller than me I don't really mind.

2. I'm intimidated by melanistic creatures except for small cats, big dogs (but not big cats or small dogs???), and Night Furies. For everything else though, I get nervous and it sorta triggers my fight or flight response.

3. I'm a war fanatic! I really find anything war-related very, very interesting and I hope to join the army someday, even if I just end up cleaning up the bases instead of fighting like everyone else. One of my all-time favorite movies is Hacksaw Ridge which is based off an actual true story of some guy who joined the army but refused to pick up a gun, so he risked his life in war being a medic and saving lives. It's absolutely beautiful and I couldn't recommend it enough.

4. I'm not a very spiritual person, but Dee believes we had past lives and our soul is nearly as old as time itself (which people in our life agree with us on), and lived in some of the darkest periods in history and tend to be on the "wrong side" of things (depending on how you look at it). I remember being a pirate, living as a plague doctor, and suffering through many wars, among other things.

5. I'm a vulture (as in, Vulture Culture) and have a few pieces of taxidermy and other animal remains. I hope to go hunting soon for the first time and eventually work on my love of bushcraft. I also study prehistoric life in my free time and wish to go fossil hunting one of these days (the state I live in used to be a marshland in prehistoric times before it dried out in some way, it left many fossils of plants and small marshy organisms but no dinosaurs).

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."

~ host Daniel {} origin Dee {} caretaker Nate {} 8D / 8B ~

pfp : 'Khanivore' from Love, Death, & Robots

1. I have a go-to Chinese buffet in town, and I always get the same thing: green beans, crab rangoon, mushrooms, sushi, chicken skewers, cashew chicken, angel hair lo mein, and a small chocolate cake. I may deviate slightly depending on the day, but I follow that formula quite closely.

2. I'm made vaguely uncomfortable by reminders of human sexual dimorphism. Yes, that's a weird way to put that, but I'm not sure how else to say it. Like discussions of gender differences make me squirm.

3. I'm absolutely, positively, irrationally HORRIFIED of pregnancy. I'm trying to fix that. Having this fear is not fun. (And yet, I'm also morbidly fascinated. I read about pregnancy a lot for someone who is so horrified by it. It's like someone who can't stop looking at gore, despite it giving them bad nightmares.)

4. I see ghosts or spirits or...something from another dimension all the time. I've even seen MYSELF walking around more than once. Heard whistling with no source. I've had times where people I was talking to, sitting right next to me, suddenly DISAPPEARED into thin air. Like I glanced away and they were gone, and there was no sign they had been there, and they weren't walking away...nope just GONE.

5. I love wide open, vast spaces with absolutely no one in them (well, except me). I love wind. I love high desert. I love mountains. Perhaps a bit weird for a cormorant, but WHATEVER.

Edited by Kerguelen
I changed fact 1 and it became incongruent with the phrasing of fact 2

Double-Crested Cormorant | Anhinga | Pachycephalosaurus

there is always a way - you just need to find it - if you can't find the way, make the way

Since I already posted I'll use subsequent numbering :toungederg:

6. I don't remember any past lifes. I think coming here in human form was my own decision, and afaik it's the first time I'm doing so. I think that part of my consciousness is dormant somewhere else. I believe I can connect to it while m-shifted or when meditating, but that seems to stress the human brain quite a lot.

7. I seem to be at least partially in control of a kind of energy which manifests as an electric surge feeling propagating along my spine. I feel this for decades, but only recently realized it's related to the Hindu beliefs about life energy.

8. I'm checking each chair I want to sit on to see if the back rest has a gap which would seem big enough to fit my tail through

9. Unfortunately I don't seem to have molar tooth, so I think I can't chew things. Bad luck! I still don't exactly know how the back of my head looks like. Do I have horns? Or maybe some of these fin-like things?

10. I reckon it would be hard to type on a keyboard with my claws. Also I'd scratch any smartphone right away. Touchpad pens be praised!

Western Guardian Dragon

12 hours ago, Kerguelen said:

3. I'm absolutely, positively, irrationally HORRIFIED of pregnancy. I'm trying to fix that. Having this fear is not fun. (And yet, I'm also morbidly fascinated. I read about pregnancy a lot for someone who is so horrified by it. It's like someone who can't stop looking at gore, despite it giving them bad nightmares.)

Saaaameeee omg! This is a big part of the reason I don't want kids, the entire process just rubs me the wrong way. Getting pregnant, being pregnant and everything that comes with it, having the baby, being a parent.... nooooooo omg

Trust me when I say  you're far from alone in this!

Let's see...

1. Despite loving nature and being "elf-y" I'm extremely well versed in technology. Working on finishing my Associate's of Arts to get a bachelor's in Information Technology.
  2. While I am 5'1", my girlfriend is 6'3" and easily tours over me. I have not grown since 8th grade.
  3. I have 4 guinea pigs. Sylvester, Teddy, Alfie, and Squeakies. All of which I did not name.
  4. I'm an extremely spiritual person, but sometimes this brings issues communicating my way of thinking due to most of my friends (including my partner) not being spiritual at all.
  5. For the last 5 years I've been writing a story about my past life as an elf and plan on publishing it one day.

🌿 Wᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ 🌿

Dᴀʀᴄᴇ | Hᴇ/Hɪᴍ | Hᴏsᴛ

SN8hHjs.gif

Hmm, okay...

1. I'm very interested in personality typing (via my interest in daemonism) - I'm an ENFP, 1w2 7w6 2w3, Chaotic Good, Gryffinpuff, Red-Green, my cultural/symbolic daemon form is an American black bear and my personality form is... probably an Indian rhino but I'm still figuring that out. (Funny enough Indian rhinos are one of the only personality forms I've encountered where the personality is... pretty much exactly like you'd expect it to be, even if you don't know daemon forms, so you can probably make some inferences about me from that aha).

2. I'm passionate about science despite having the least academic brain ever. Like, I can't study for the life of me and I'd never survive university, but I love following along with scientific discoveries! Even when I don't fully understand them! In particular I love environmental science, zoology and palaeontology. 

3. I have some very... strange, very specific phobias. I love 99% of insects, but am genuinely petrified of crane flies (which are, ironically, completely harmless). I'm terrified of crossing bridges. And I have a somewhat obscure phobia called cleistrophobia, which is similar to claustrophobia except that instead of being scared of confined spaces, I'm scared of situations where I don't have a clear escape route.

4. I'm an artist but cannot, for the life of me, do commissions. I just... nope. As soon as there's pressure/obligation, all my motivation flies out the window! That's why I mostly do gift art/freebies or personal art. Because it's much more fun for me that way! (Mad respect for all you artists who work for pay, you're so fricking valid aaa).

5. I'm a Green/Chaos witch, but extremely lazy and flaky about it. And my beliefs are... somewhere between strange and ambiguous. I clash a lot with New Age-style ideologies, and don't really believe there's any infinitely benevolent higher powers. In a lot of ways I identify more with cosmicism.

~: Eurasian wolf :|: nature spirit :|: nimravid :~

System of Rook and Akarthyx (median, co-hosts) and our natural tulpa/fictive Aeolus.