Let's all get to know each other better! Drop 5 fun facts about yourself! - Page 3 - 💬​​​​​​​ Chit Chat - Kinmunity Jump to content

Let's all get to know each other better! Drop 5 fun facts about yourself!

1. I've been a huge psychology nerd since I was in high school. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in psych last year and I'm looking to go to grad school to become a social psych researcher. Catch me rambling about my undying hatred for the Stanford Prison Experiment to anyone who will listen.

2. I'm trying to maintain a writing habit. Like, really trying. I won NaNo last year but the actual book isn't finished.

3. I have no impulse control. Last night I went to 7-11 at like one AM, bought a dozen eggs, came home, soft-boiled the entire carton, and ate nine of them in one sitting, just because I felt like some eggs.

4. I'm really into video game modding. The only reason I haven't finished the Skyrim companion mod I'm working on is because I can't come up with a satisfactory questline progression and I kinda have to know that in order to get any further than I am.

5. At any given moment, I have too many Chrome tabs open.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scientifichooligan said:

5. At any given moment, I have too many Chrome tabs open.

Me too. Gosh, I am awful for this. I don't even want to attempt to count how many tabs I have open... I usually have multiple chrome windows open each with too many tabs as well. Heh. I got the tab wrangler extension once but ended up scrapping it because I got annoyed when it closed the tabs and I'd just reopen them and lock them and... well then that just defeated the whole point. :blepj:

• Like 1

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

Haha I am the polar opposite of that! I hate having more than two tabs open... makes me feel like I should be Working On Something (since the only time I really have 3+ tabs open is when I'm doing research projects). All extraneous tabs shall be yote.

• Like 1

~: Eurasian wolf :|: nature spirit :|: nimravid :~

System of Rook and Akarthyx (median, co-hosts) and our natural tulpa/fictive Aeolus.

1. I am a practicing pagan witch (I am a devotee of Freyja/Freya). Feel free to ask me about paganism, witchcraft, and the like.

2. I make pixel art.

3. I am deving my own game. 

4. I am really queer, and proud of it. (I am a trans guy, who is biromantic, asexual, and polyamorous. Feel free to ask if you are unaware of what any of my labels mean, or are unsure of any of them.)

5. I am really neurodivergant and have spent a lot of time learning about psychology. (I have major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, ADHD-PI, and am on the autism spectrum. I would love to discuss this topic with anyone.)

6 hours ago, Velvet said:

Me too. Gosh, I am awful for this. I don't even want to attempt to count how many tabs I have open... I usually have multiple chrome windows open each with too many tabs as well. Heh. I got the tab wrangler extension once but ended up scrapping it because I got annoyed when it closed the tabs and I'd just reopen them and lock them and... well then that just defeated the whole point. :blepj:

I'm up to 11 at the moment! 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif

5 hours ago, Charias said:

Haha I am the polar opposite of that! I hate having more than two tabs open... makes me feel like I should be Working On Something (since the only time I really have 3+ tabs open is when I'm doing research projects). All extraneous tabs shall be yote.

I have up to 5. That's it, with rare exceptions for intensive projects.

Got my music, whoever I'm talking to, and other reading material, usually

Double-Crested Cormorant | Anhinga | Pachycephalosaurus

there is always a way - you just need to find it - if you can't find the way, make the way

On 3/23/2019 at 10:24 PM, LunastreDraconis said:

1.Most of you already know but I am diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, ADHD, and PTSD. Though, lately I’ve been learning to manage it better!

2.I have an astral guardian, who I speak with, named Prince Alaphraxxas, who’s name means “alpha draconian nexus”. He speaks with me on the daily and we communicate through a form of possession, though my body is still getting used to it.

3.One if my best draconic friends is Lugia, though he’s not a fictive! He was alive and well long before Pokémon was ever created, yet he had no part in its making. I have a theory he came to me in the form of the fictional species of Lugia!

4.I have been institutionalized in a mental hospital before, and was there for about a month, and that was three years ago.

5.I have a lot of extensive knowledge on my own spirituality and how to help others with discovering themselves and the general history behind our respective identities. I do my best to help the community any way I can! ^.=.*

Names are pretty powerful in the spirit world so you shouldn't give out spirits names like that, i'm telling you because i also have spirit friends and id hate to see them get hurt. Please be careful

On 4/12/2019 at 11:43 PM, bhiurd said:

1. I'm intimidated by people who are barely above my height, so like 1 or 2 inches taller than me, but people who are significantly taller than me I don't really mind.

2. I'm intimidated by melanistic creatures except for small cats, big dogs (but not big cats or small dogs???), and Night Furies. For everything else though, I get nervous and it sorta triggers my fight or flight response.

3. I'm a war fanatic! I really find anything war-related very, very interesting and I hope to join the army someday, even if I just end up cleaning up the bases instead of fighting like everyone else. One of my all-time favorite movies is Hacksaw Ridge which is based off an actual true story of some guy who joined the army but refused to pick up a gun, so he risked his life in war being a medic and saving lives. It's absolutely beautiful and I couldn't recommend it enough.

4. I'm not a very spiritual person, but Dee believes we had past lives and our soul is nearly as old as time itself (which people in our life agree with us on), and lived in some of the darkest periods in history and tend to be on the "wrong side" of things (depending on how you look at it). I remember being a pirate, living as a plague doctor, and suffering through many wars, among other things.

5. I'm a vulture (as in, Vulture Culture) and have a few pieces of taxidermy and other animal remains. I hope to go hunting soon for the first time and eventually work on my love of bushcraft. I also study prehistoric life in my free time and wish to go fossil hunting one of these days (the state I live in used to be a marshland in prehistoric times before it dried out in some way, it left many fossils of plants and small marshy organisms but no dinosaurs).

1. i sleep too much. i've slept for 16 hours at a time. usually if i don't force myself to wake up early i'll sleep during the day too.

2. i lovethe idea of death. Not my own death, but the idea. i love thinking about it, when i do i get a rush of calm but also excitement.

3. I do commissions. Art ones. i art.

4. i love horror stories and creepy pastas.

5. I love snakes

Edited by Demonicspinejuice

@Demonicspinejuice I am an avid practicer and teacher of the astral plane, and one of the many important rules is to shield your mind and body from all spirits that you deem any bit of suspicious, for names have great power in hold of the inner soul. Alaphraxxas is my mate and astral guardian from my true life, so that is why I trust him greatly, so do not worry, I know much about the unknowns of the astral plane, for I have also written a master post on tumblr about the dangers, benefits, and knowledge about what the astral plane actually is. Fear not, ^.=.^

7 hours ago, LunastreDraconis said:

@Demonicspinejuice I am an avid practicer and teacher of the astral plane, and one of the many important rules is to shield your mind and body from all spirits that you deem any bit of suspicious, for names have great power in hold of the inner soul. Alaphraxxas is my mate and astral guardian from my true life, so that is why I trust him greatly, so do not worry, I know much about the unknowns of the astral plane, for I have also written a master post on tumblr about the dangers, benefits, and knowledge about what the astral plane actually is. Fear not, ^.=.^

i was actually trying to warn you about giving out Alaphraxxas's name because i've heard of people trying to harm spirits before. 

@Demonicspinejuice I see what you’re saying, however Alaphraxxas is a powerful being, that will curse any mortal or entity that even tries to throw shade at him, so I wouldn’t worry about him being harmed. He is incredibly intelligent, and knows how to deal with people.... not that anyone could reach him either way!

I guess I haven't done this one yet. 

1. I've been around the otherkin community, for what, twelve years? I started on a yahoo angelkin list (I'm not angelkin but there are a lot of similarities), then was on OKP (otherkin phenomena), then OKA (otherkin alliance) and breezed through Werelist and Trueform Within right before it went kaput.

2. My online name used to be Motley, a name I stole from my dog, who was a Catahoula. 

3. I probably started the whole "shard" thing. It was somewhat inspired by The Dark Crystal since the crystal shard was the same shape as the big crystal it came from. How my actual kintype works is much weirder than that. I don't fully understand it myself. I just needed a simple way to explain it to people. 

4. If you ask me about Tai Chi I will talk your ears off. 

5. I'm genderfluid, can shift to either side, but often default to the masculine side of androgynous. Currently on T and still trying to get finances in order for top surgery. 

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

I'm a Heru. No, not that one. 

Alright why not?

1. I'm on the autism spectrum. I was almost diagnosed at age 7 but my parents didn't believe the doctor because I didn't hit every stereotype and so I wasn't diagnosed.

2. My Halloween costume an animal every year until tenth grade. Funnily enough, one Halloween I dressed up as a fox and another time I went as a raven, both before I even knew what a therian was. Not that that means much; I went as a cyborg space cat one year and I'm definitely not one of those. (And it was a red fox anyways.)

3. I'm a college freshman majoring in sociology and I'm thinking I might want to do some kind of disability theory and/or activism.

4. I have Brian David Gilbert's rejected Old Bay jingle near-constantly stuck in my head. (I'm joking, of course. Kind of.)

5. I'm Jewish! Ethnically, and soon to be culturally and religiously (I'm converting in an effort to reconnect with my heritage). My family on my mom's side is  almost 100% Jewish and we used to celebrate Passover when I was a kid before my mom apparently decided that that wasn't American enough.

they/them | kit fox, common raven, & yaguarasaurus therian | cat, hawk and cephalopod kith | half-psychological half-spiritual

Some random facts about me!!

1. I am polykin, and proud ❤️

2. My most dominant kintype is arctic wolf 

3. I am pulling myself and life back together! I found someone I truly love

4. I am terrified of needles

5. I am a tulpamancer 

Edited by Kamoe
Was centered, didn't flow well with the rest of the replies

Fur cold~Heart warm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arctic Wolf, Black Shuck, Harpy

1. I'm incredibly awkward 

2. I'm polykin, my kintypes being winged wolf and seal. 

3.  I am a tulpamancer

4.  I'm a maladaptive daydreamer (though I've slowly been getting better at controlling this.) 

5. I've been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and ADHD

Edited by Jaci

1: I feel the need to 'justify' most of my feelings or positions. Example: I 'justify' being a Wolverine living among humans by being 'domesticated.'

2: I'm a trans girl and I know waaaayyy too much about hormones and their effects for gender transition despite not being a doctor.

3: I've had alter-human sensations and thoughts since I was probably 9, but was successfully barred from the internet to learn what these meant. Only recently realized I was a part of 'those wacky otherkins'

4: I can't focus. At all. Probably have ADHD, but I can't afford the meds to treat it, not to mention I know they turn me into a boring zombie so I probably wouldn't take them even if I could afford them.

5: I've been trying to learn to draw since I was about 15 but wasn't able to because I was doing it wrong. Been trying to do Drawabox.com's excersises lately, please excuse the shilling 😛

1: I have schizotypal personality disorder, which is sometimes considered to be on the schizophrenia spectrum. In that sense, I'm on the very mild end of things, but I have experienced hallucinations (but I rarely have more than very minor delusions). I also have a lot of depression and anxiety, and chronic pain. (I'm chronically ill, but so far, I don't have a diagnosis.)

2: I have a weird intolerance/allergy to oranges. I get sick if I eat them. At the same time, I love the taste of oranges. It sucks.

3: I periodically binge watch tons of videos on a specific game on Youtube. Currently, I'm watching pretty much every analysis of the game Pathologic on Youtube. Other games I've done this with are Doki Doki Literature Club, Undertale, and Terraria. (Usually, these games have horror elements, and I binge videos because I will probably never play them firsthand. I'll buy the games anyway to support the devs though, even if I 100% know I'll never play the game personally.)

4: I've won NaNoWriMo every year since 2012. I started that year partially because I thought I couldn't be a "real writer" if I couldn't even win it (I was a very sad and hurt teenager) and partially because if the world was actually going to end, I wanted to at least achieve one thing before I did so. I said to myself that if I didn't win, I'd give up my dream of being a writer. Now, I know how superficial (and how much of a bad idea) it was, but I still enjoy taking part in it every year.

5: I am an eclectic Pagan and a witch. I loosely follow the wheel of the year, but that's the extent of influence from Neo-Wicca in my practice. Above all, I follow my intuition; if anything, whether it be a deity, belief, or a practice, doesn't resonate with me, I will probably still analyze it to see if there is anything in it that does resonate with me, or if there's a weak resonance that I didn't notice. But even if someone swears it's the Absolute Truth (tm), if it doesn't resonate with me, I won't follow it, no matter how much others insist I'm making a mistake. So far, my intuition has yet to betray me, but multiple people who swore they were objectively correct on subjective matters have.

🖤Lily ~ Fictionkin ~ She/Her

"This weapon's unidentified material awakens a force that slumbers deep within one's heart. Those it takes hold of can quickly forget that

wearing your heart on your sleeve makes you an easy target."

On 4/15/2019 at 11:58 AM, Effervescent-Daydream said:

I'm up to 11 at the moment! 

28 for me

1. I have schizophrenia, bipolar depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, GI problems and Aspergers autism

2. My favorite food is sushi but I'm unable to eat it anymore

3. I'm Christian but my best friend and sweetheart is Pagan

4. I hate holidays especially 4th of July because fireworks give me anxiety

5. Food is my aesthetic and I want to collect realistic food plushes, blankets and anything food related

Haven't posted since page one but I'll continue:

5. I like to eat my candy cold- it started with chocolate and gummies

6. I like talking about deep spiritual stuff, the challenge and engagement is nice..civil debates intrigue me and always have.

7. I'm kind of obsessed (really!) with comparative morphology of types of animals and/or breeds of different domestic species, animal colors for unknown reasons (kind of unknown). But I want nothing to really do with working with animals. It has, however helped me with learning about my zhuard kintype which I am deeply appreciative of. 

8. I have like five physical journals- all different topics. They help me cope with stuff and I find it very therapeutic. But I often think about what will happen to them after I pass. (grim but it crosses my mind waaay to often. 

I can't think of 9 or 10, guess I'm boring. 

Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

1.) ehhh not exactly fun but I'm ftm trans

2.) I love photography but I'm not great at it

3.) I like making dragon tails with scalemail

4.) I can play the Mii channel theme song on the ukulele

5.) I'll sometimes make super duper simple animations but I never post them anywhere because I stop liking the ideas before I finish it, or I lose motivation,

1. I have 3 adorable budgies

2. I love to write (but it's also hard so bleh)

3. I have never had a boyfriend (rip me ;^;)

4. I'm the youngest in my family

5. I'm a wolf but my default mode is being lazy >.<

1. I am a pantheist pagan and witch and have been practicing since 2008.  I have a patron deity who I have worked with for nearly a decade, and declared my patron in January of 2018.
  2. I am a nonbinary trans person.  Began my physical transition in July 2018, and got a tattoo on that day to commemorate it.
  3. I have generalized anxiety disorder, OCD, PTSD, and was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder after originally being misdiagnosed with chronic depression.
  4. My favorite thing in the world is writing.  I did NaNoWriMo this year after a decade long break from participating in it and won, so I'm very happy.
  5. I just began exploring otherheartedness and otherkin this year.  I am otherhearted for sure, but I'm still exploring if I am otherkin or not.

they/them    trans    nonbinary  •  witch  •  otherhearted    questioning dragonkin

1- My birthday is December 26th. I was originally supposed to be born December 25th. I was actually born on 26th, around 4AM and was born with partial hearing loss and not cleft palate but something similar where my tongue would not stay down and it had to be trained to stay down. Due to my hearing loss, which I have hearing now but it goes out every now-and-then, and my tongue, I actually have speech problems and stutter a lot and have heaviness in words and speak a bit loudly. I was deaf for about 9 months and my tongue was trained for about 6 months. My tongue still tends to go up every now-and-then, just like my hearing tries going out. Which makes me talk with a slur and ask what constantly. I'm not trying to not listen or mock people, I just, hearing and tongue effected me for life practically.

2- I'm in a relationship of going on of two years now.

3- I'm Transgender Pansexual (female to male/FtM).

4- I'm very observant and quiet and terrified of people naturally (surprisingly I wasn't scared of 1 person who is now my boyfriend).

5- I love every animal despite me being a big fluffy Arctic Wolf and try to get along with them too. Even Vampires. And I try humans, but it's hard.

1: I love ansering questions about myself! (*cough cought* shameless grill and ama advertisement *cough cough*

2: I happen to be on the ASD spectrum, which makes irl social stuff very hard, but im trying!

3: Im half asleep and might not remember posting this

4: I have way to many dragons on Flight Rising

5: I want to learn magick but I lack motivation

come with me catch a heffalump, sit with me on a muddy clump, we'll sing a song of days gone by

run along now dont be glum, get yee gone now have some fun

dont be long for the end is nigh

Let's seee... This kind of games is not really my thing but I'll try.

1. I don't like to stay too long in my house. I need to get out regularly, especially in winter.

2. But I'm actually VERY lazy.

3. I'm unable to cook. Unless you want that I destroy entirely your kitchen. You'll get an okay dish and no more kitchen.

3B. Generally, I'm a clumsy disaster.

4. I have ADHD.

5. I like erotic stuff (I even write them) but I'm actually somewhere on the ace spectrum, it seems. I'm still questioning about this tho.