The removal of some of the emojis - ✅​​​​​​​ Implemented Suggestions - Kinmunity Jump to content

Hello! (*・ω・)ノ

I think it would be beneficial to actually remove several of the emojis we use here. While many of the categories are okay, I am particularly concerned about some of the animal categories, with the cats group being the worst offender. Many of the emoticons are identical to one another, making the list unnecessarily long and confusing. For example,  : angry : and : aggravated : are :angry: and :aggravated: respectively. There are many other examples of this, such as : welcome : and : welcomeback : :Welcome:and :WelcomeBack:) , as well as : smilej : and : smilegif : ( :smilej: and :smilegif: ) . Not only are the emoticons themselves repetitive, but the things that they are meant to represent are also often very redundant. If we return to the first example, "Angry" and "Aggravated" are synonyms. The two can be used interchangeably, so having two separate emojis for them is not really necessary. 

The inclusion of these duplicates makes these areas of the emoji menu vastly more confusing to navigate. Because of this lack of simplicity, people are likely less inclined to use the emojis that they may otherwise very much enjoy. These categories of emojis (wolves, cats, panthera, etc) also reflect the kintypes of a large portion of Kinmunity's users. And while representing individuals with those kintypes was a wonderful inclusion, it is rendered fruitless if the interface in which they are used is not very easily operated. Because of this, I feel it would be beneficial to remove any duplicate emojis to clear up the cluttered menu. 

Thank you for your consideration! (* ^ ω ^)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif

On 3/30/2019 at 4:34 PM, Effervescent-Daydream said:

Many of the emoticons are identical to one another, making the list unnecessarily long and confusing. For example,  : angry : and : aggravated : are :angry: and :aggravated: respectively. There are many other examples of this, such as : welcome : and : welcomeback : :Welcome:and :WelcomeBack:) , as well as : smilej : and : smilegif : ( :smilej: and :smilegif: ) .

Hello,

Can you list the emojis that are duplicates(different codes/same image)? Ex. Angry/Aggravated being the same. This will help greatly so I can remove them. 

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

11 hours ago, Naia said:

Hello,

Can you list the emojis that are duplicates(different codes/same image)? Ex. Angry/Aggravated being the same. This will help greatly so I can remove them. 

Yep, here ya go! Also, while looking through the list I noticed that not only do many have the same emoticons, but the :words: themselves are listed multiple times in the emoji menu. Maybe keep an eye out for those as well. Anyway...

Duplicates:

: angry :,  : annoyed:, : aggravated : and : b**chy : 

: sleepy : , : drained : and : exhausted : , : groggy : and : tired :

: amused : , : blah :, : happy :, : listless :, : okay :, : refreshed : , : rejuvinated : and : lethargic :

: anxious : , : distressed : , : intimidated : , : nervous : and : scared :

: apathetic : , : exanimate : , and : lazy :

: artistic : and : creative :

: ecstatic :, : excited : , : high : and : horny : (This may be a petty complaint but the edition of those last two also makes me immensely uncomfortable and I would prefer if one of the former two where kept and the latter two be removed)

: bored : and : disappointed :

: bouncy : : energetic : and : hyper :

: blank : , : indescribable : , : numb : , : sympathetic : , : melancholy :and : morose : 

: cheerful : , : chipper : , : impressed : and : jubilant :

: enraged : , : infuriated : , : irate :,  : p***edoff : 

: dorky : , : geeky : and : nerdy :

: calm :, : mellow :, : peaceful :, : recumbent : and : relaxed : 

: good : and : grateful :

: depressed : , : gloomy :, : pessimistic : and : rejected :

: hot : (This one is listed twice) 

: devious :, : mischievous : and : naughty :

: frustrated : , : irritated :, : rushed : and :stressed :

I'm sure there are some that I missed, but I currently do not have time to go through the rest and I am sure that which other ones need removed will become increasingly apparent as you work on the rest. Looking forward to seeing improvement ^-^ 

1 hour ago, Effervescent-Daydream said:

Yep, here ya go! Also, while looking through the list I noticed that not only do many have the same emoticons, but the :words: themselves are listed multiple times in the emoji menu. Maybe keep an eye out for those as well. Anyway...

Duplicates:

: angry :,  : annoyed:, : aggravated : and : b**chy : 

: sleepy : , : drained : and : exhausted : , : groggy : and : tired :

: amused : , : blah :, : happy :, : listless :, : okay :, : refreshed : , : rejuvinated : and : lethargic :

: anxious : , : distressed : , : intimidated : , : nervous : and : scared :

: apathetic : , : exanimate : , and : lazy :

: artistic : and : creative :

: ecstatic :, : excited : , : high : and : horny : (This may be a petty complaint but the edition of those last two also makes me immensely uncomfortable and I would prefer if one of the former two where kept and the latter two be removed)

: bored : and : disappointed :

: bouncy : : energetic : and : hyper :

: blank : , : indescribable : , : numb : , : sympathetic : , : melancholy :and : morose 

: cheerful : , : chipper : , : impressed : and : jubilant :

: enraged : , : infuriated : , : irate :,  : p***edoff : 

: dorky : , : geeky : and : nerdy :

: calm :, : mellow :, : peaceful :, : recumbent : and : relaxed

: good : and : grateful :

: depressed : , : gloomy :, : pessimistic : and : rejected :

: hot : (This one is listed twice) 

: devious :, : mischievous : and : naughty :

: frustrated : , : irritated :, : rushed : and :stressed :

I'm sure there are some that I missed, but I currently do not have time to go through the rest and I am sure that which other ones need removed will become increasingly apparent as you work on the rest. Looking forward to seeing improvement ^-^ 

The duplicates you mentioned, and others have been removed.

• Friendly 1

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

7 minutes ago, Naia said:

The duplicates you mentioned, and others have been removed.

Wonderful, thank you! ❤️