Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Marz

When I was a young'un

33 posts in this topic

What age did you start playing video games and what was your first game? Also feel free to share any childhood favorites!

I was 5ish (?) and my first game was NiGHTS for the Sega Saturn. I played the heck out of it until the game broke, it was traumatic really... but I had to move on!

I had a few favorites growing up -

• Zombies Ate My Neighbors SNES
  • Donkey Kong Country SNES
  • Crash Team Racing PS1
  • Spyro Ripto's Rage PS1
  • Godzilla Save The Earth PS2

No idea how old I was, maybe 6-ish, but my first game system was a TI-99. Hunt the Wompus was the first game I played.

Childhood Favorites:

- Pitfall (Atari 2600)

- Legend of Zelda (NES)

- Dragon Warrior (NES)

- Ultima (NES)

I'm going to guess about 5 and it was Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Mario Bros.

I believe I was around 4 or 5 and my first ever game was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the SNES. That game was so hard. I never got past the second stage.

I was born a bit later than most of ya, but I remember the first games I played were:

Spy Fox

Reader Rabbit

Club Penguin (does that even count?)

LEGO Star Wars

Star Wars BattleFront II

I was probably 7 or so at the time, and I played one of the old Spyro games on (I think) the gameboy. After that, it was on to the gamecube and Kirby: Airride :D I got out of gaming for a long time, and when I was about 12 or 13, my friend got me into Minecraft, and from there I started gaming almost religiously. From there, it's progressed from a hobby to (almost) a job

I believe I was around 4 or 5 and my first ever game was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the SNES. That game was so hard. I never got past the second stage.

Most NES and SNES games weren't for the faint of heart. I didn't beat the 7th level of Zombies Ate My Neighbors until a year ago.

I was born a bit later than most of ya, but I remember the first games I played were:

Spy Fox

Reader Rabbit

Club Penguin (does that even count?)

LEGO Star Wars

Star Wars BattleFront II

Club Penguin so counts! I played too, the pizza shop game was always my favorite. I've never heard of Reader Rabbit. Is there any good gameplay I could see?

I was probably 7 or so at the time, and I played one of the old Spyro games on (I think) the gameboy. After that, it was on to the gamecube and Kirby: Airride :D I got out of gaming for a long time, and when I was about 12 or 13, my friend got me into Minecraft, and from there I started gaming almost religiously. From there, it's progressed from a hobby to (almost) a job

All hail the mighty Notch! What do you mean by almost a job?

All hail the mighty Notch! What do you mean by almost a job?

I mean that I play games and get paid for it. I have a team in Counter Strike, and we get paid occasionally for playing in tournaments. I say almost because it doesn't pay regularly, and I already have a job :D

I mean that I play games and get paid for it. I have a team in Counter Strike, and we get paid occasionally for playing in tournaments. I say almost because it doesn't pay regularly, and I already have a job :D

I would give my big toes to be able to make a living playing videogames...

I would give my big toes to be able to make a living playing videogames...

As would I. I don't really make that much off of it anyways, only a couple hundred dollars at most per week, and that's in a good week. That's why I have an actual job, and it's my dream job on top of that :p

Club Penguin so counts! I played too, the pizza shop game was always my favorite. I've never heard of Reader Rabbit. Is there any good gameplay I could see?

Oh, awesome! I used to be a huge fan of Club Penguin. I even still have the DS game for it.

Reader Rabbit is a learning computer game for kids.

My first game was Sonic 3 on the Genesis. I was probably about five or six.

I always kind of messed around with systems that older cousins had, but my sister and I didn't get our own system until Christmas of 1992. It was a Super Nintendo with Super Mario World. I still love that game. We ended up with quite a collection, everything from Speedy Gonzales to Sim City, Cool Spot to Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It's one of my all time favorite systems as far as quantity and quality of games. I was nine at that point.

Unfortunately I didn't play many video games besides PC ones for learning.

HOWEVER

I was bored one day and found a stash of old CDs my dad had. I saw one called "Quake"

it looked AWESOME!!! So there I was, about 7, and I popped it in. I went through the motions and began a new game.

I thought it was a fantasy world like all the rest but what came around the corner in the building was NOT FRIENDLY

I knew only how to move and I ran for my life..... and not in the game...my character died, I personally had fled from my chair and ran into the other room.

Needless to say, I never put that game back in again. -_-

I started playing games with 5 to 7 years old (pretty unsure about the exact age). My favorites are:

1. Top Gear 2 (SNES)
  2. みこさんのミラクルボード (Windows-PC)
  3. Super Mario World (SNES)
  4. Demonstar (Windows-PC)
  5. Carax'95 (Windows-PC)

I was about 4 when i started playing, i had a mini keyboard that went over the clunky office computer keyboard I had.

First games were:

• Reader Rabbit
  • Toontown Online (Played up to its closure, then continued playing on the Remake to this day)
  • Club Penguin
  • This one website i forgot the name to, it had lots of games
  • GirlGoGamesOnline
  • MMOs, like BirdMMO
  • Runescape
  • Animal Crossing/Nintendogs
  • Petz 4/5

I think I was around 5-6ish and we had a Gameboy Color and the only game we had for it was Barbie Magic Genie Adventure. That was one of the first games, but I think my favorite when I was little was Spyro, My little cousin had a Playstation and we would play that all the time.

I also played Reader Rabbit, Hooked On Phonics, Thinking Things, little educational computer games like that.

I also went through a stage when I was around 9 where I was obsessed with Agame or gamesgames and would just play a whole bunch of those games for hours on end.

I think I was 6-7 -ish when I played one of those videogames that you only plug the controllers on the TV. Loved playing a Dora and a Disney one. They were called Plug 'n' Play by Jakks Pacific

Oh boy, when I first started gaming must of been hangman and pong on a old Apple II that my grand father owned, I must of been about 5 or 6, the thing was obviously older than I am but hey, its a start. From there onto a few plug-in to TV ancient bricks of things and then when my father finally got a computer, a ol' 286 running windows 3.0 and later 3.1 and I thrashed the hell out of that thing, low blow boxing, star goose, space invaders... of course Commander Keen and the original Duke Nukem game. I had a collection of floppys for the thing that you could bury someone under.

I only got my own computer with a 486, shortly before pentiums started to become the next big thing, I got to cuss out windows 95 and had the joy of trying to install an early Nvidia graphics card to play Quake II.

Anyway, Gamer 4 life!

I was probably about 4-5, and I first started out with a gameboy. I'd play different versions of Mario, Yoshi, and later when I got a game cube, Super Smash Bros.

I was about 5 when I started gaming and that was on PC.

My favourites back then were:

-Raptor: call of the shadows

-Mania

-Commander Keen: 1-7

-Neopets.

I became a proper gamer when I was in grade 2

Me and a friend used to hangout to gethwer and play halo co-op.

We also traded games frequently.

My entire gaming childhood consisted of one Gameboy Advance SP with:

-Donkey Kong Country 3

-The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

-Super Mario Bros. 3

-Crash Bandicoot Superpack

-Rayman Advance

And I just found all of that 2 days ago in my closet.

I was about 5 when I started gaming and that was on PC.

My favourites back then were:

-Raptor: call of the shadows

-Mania

-Commander Keen: 1-7

-Neopets.

I became a proper gamer when I was in grade 2

Me and a friend used to hangout to gethwer and play halo co-op.

We also traded games frequently.

Oh man, I got raptor: call of the shadows from GOG, still an amazing game, they also have tyrian 2000 up for free which is all kinds of awesome as well as apogees last game, stargunner.

I was a very nervous child, and for a long time I preferred to just watch my dad and older sister play, as I was too scared. I don't remember how old I was when I first tried gaming for myself, but I loved it. The first game I ever played was A Bugs Life on ps1. Other games I enjoyed playing were:

- Spyro

- Gran Turismo

- Bust-A-Move 2

Favourite games to watch:

- Silent Hill

- Resident Evil

- Paraite Eve 2

- Crash Bandicoot

- Donky Kong Country