What's something you like that everyone else seems to hate? - 💬​​​​​​​ Chit Chat - Kinmunity Jump to content

What's something you like that everyone else seems to hate?

Most people I know hate long car rides. I, however, absolutely love them as long as I'm not the one driving. I just curl up in the back seat with a cozy blanket and a pair of headphones and listen to music while watching the world go by for hours. It's nice imo.

What do you like that most people don't? ^-^

*♥♡∞:。.。 𝓕𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓶𝔂 𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓰! 。.。:∞♡*♥

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓟𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓽𝓼! *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Webp.net-resizeimage.gif.32dc7dd8c38d88247b42ca57d90aa732.gif

Posted (edited)

I like the odor skunks leave. It doesn't smell gross to me, and apparently for some people it doesn't either. But it's no doubt something a lot of people hate.

Same with the scent of ammonia. 

Edited by MariaTheFictionkin

2 minutes ago, MariaTheFictionkin said:

I like the odor skunks leave. It doesn't smell gross to me, and apparently for some people it doesn't either. But it's no doubt something a lot of people hate.

Same with the scent of ammonia. 

Definitely can't relate to the skunk thing tbh... I love the smell of markers and nail polish though!

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, LunastreDraconis said:

I like the smell of dust and ash, probably because I’m a derg and I like fire, but I love potato salad with a passion so that could be a thing I like that others don’t XD 

I'm not a big potato salad fan but I love macaroni salad! I'm with you on the ash smell too, it's so nice. 

Edited by Effervescent-Daydream
Apparently I can't spell

Posted (edited)

I love it when my dog jumps up on me.  Even if he tries to nip at my arm or something, I don't really mind.  I know it's just his way of playing.  I usually end up wrestling with him and I can tell he loves it.

Yet, if he tries to do that with anyone else, they always try to shoo him away, or snap at him yelling "bad dog".  I don't get it.  I guess they just don't understand how a dog thinks as well as I do.

Edited by Curious Canine
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, beanjamoose said:

I eat tomatoes whole, like apples! I've gotten... quite a few disgusted reactions ghfgj

I'm not a big tomato fan, but I would probably do this with onions! (I would try it but I have braces so that wouldn't really work...)

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, Effervescent-Daydream said:

Most people I know hate long car rides. I, however, absolutely love them as long as I'm not the one driving. I just curl up in the back seat with a cozy blanket and a pair of headphones and listen to music while watching the world go by for hours. It's nice imo.

I also love long car rides. If someone else is driving you get to listen to music and daydream, if you're the one driving (and you're alone) you can sing along to your favorite songs. Especially on the highway at night -- it feels so eerie and weird, which most people might hate but I love.

Also I like bugs. I'm a little scared of them, like I wouldn't want them to touch me, but I'm fascinated by them. Even spiders.

23 hours ago, Kerguelen said:

Mushrooms

Skunk smell

Rotting animal smell

May I ask why?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, InkyDaily said:

Day mode on reddit

Agreed! I always prefer day themes, night modes tend to be hard on my eyes... 

Edited by Effervescent-Daydream
  • Like 1

~ smell of gasoline
~ pickle brine - i'll just drink that straight up like water any day
~ specifically the smell of alcohol + cigarette smoke
~ animal scents and remains, rotting or not - i love the smell of bones??
~ mushrooms (not as food, though) & cacti (as well as other desert-y plants)
~ pain, but only specific kinds
~ long car rides, especially at night and if it's hours long - it's extremely therapeutic for me
~ snails, moths, any reptile (especially including snakes, crocodiles / alligators, monitors, and crested geckos), as well as really any sort of fish (but especially sharks, piranhas, eels, and any sort of weird deep-sea thing)
~ coyotes :']
~ tight / "claustrophobic" spaces
~ the train horn
~ really hot things like weather, water, and beverages
~ getting dirty bc of the heccin' wilderness, yeehaw
~ being bitten, scratched, or licked in some way

and,
~ i don't love it but i don't mind being bitten, scratched, or kicked by animals in an aggressive way as much as other people might

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."

~ host Daniel {} origin Dee {} caretaker Nate {} 8D / 8B ~

pfp @Cor Tympanum on amino

12 hours ago, bhiurd said:

~ tight / "claustrophobic" spaces

I actually agree with this! Only to a degree though. It all depends on if there are other people in the tight space with me. A super tiny elevator is perfectly fine if I am alone, but if it's full of people it's gonna be a hard no from me 

• Like 1

Arthropods! So insects, spiders, crustaceans, ect. I love them so much (I'm actually arthropod-hearted, aha). Makes me really sad when people say "wasps are evil" or the like. :c

(Exceptions to this: blood-sucking parasites. Mosquitoes and ticks are... kinda awful. Why, nature, why?)

~: Eurasian wolf :|: nature spirit :|: nimravid :~

System of Rook and Akarthyx (median, co-hosts) and our dormant natural tulpa Aeolus.

For me I suppose it would mostly be scents. Wet dog smell for example. :Love: Back when I had rats I loved their scent as well. And while I wouldn't say I love human body odor it is infinitely more pleasant then any of those god awful things people spray on themselves.

• Like 1

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

I really like fried tofu (I'm not on any sort of meatless diet, it's just Good) but every time I mention to someone that one of my favorite restaurants has great fried tofu they say that the words "good" and "tofu" should never be in the same sentence. Also everyone thinks I'm weird for liking brussels sprouts, even people who like cabbage.

Also, is it really that weird to like unsweetened iced tea? Sugar always makes it taste so...cloying, and I don't mind the bitterness, but I've heard my fair share of "HOW?"s when I've said that to people.