Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Talonvane

Healthy Mind, Healthy Life!

Hello everyone! I'm Talonvane, but feel free to just call me Talon!

I earned a degree in psychology and have been counseling people for a very long time, with problems that do relate to my own.

I'm offering the chance to anyone and everyone to message me if they are ever experiencing difficulties, or just need to chat something out to someone else. Everyone deserves a listening ear!! Dont be a stranger!

-Talon

Umm, not that I'm trying to call you out or anything, but... What type of degree? Actual psychiatric counselling in a professional manner usually requires at least a Masters degree, something I highly doubt even the most academically adept 21-year-old could accomplish in such a short time.

You are very unspecific, Talon, what do you mean by "problems that do relate to my own"? Yes, I am very skeptical to this, but please, elaborate.

I have a BA in psychology with a focus in abnormal and counseling.

I'm not saying I'm a professional, I'm saying I do have some experience.

I was just trying to help, jeez.

No one was getting upset with you helping but a BA doesn't require any experience in the field. Offering your help as just a listening ear is perfectly fine but to claim you're trained in it can actually cause you some legal issues down the road if you find yourself in a situation with someone who is really messed up in the head. My husband is a mental health couselor and he has his masters. But he needs two more years of supervision before he can even look to get his license. Unfortunately, a BA in psychology doesn't get you anything in this world today. It's a shame really but you need to get a master's degree to even continue in your field.

They weren't getting on your case to be rude or mean. They were simply checking. We don't want you to get into a really serious legal issue down the road because you worded things wrong. It's actually illegal for you to say you're couselling others. You need to tell them that you don't have your license.

~Jessie

Hello,

While your intent was probably positive, it is unethical to offer such assistance on an online forum in this matter without a license. I am closing this thread.