The Daily Dream Thread - 💬​​​​​​​ Chit Chat - Kinmunity Jump to content
Guest MariaTheFictionkin

The Daily Dream Thread

Guest MariaTheFictionkin

Basically, for those who dream, love dreaming and want to share with others what they dream about. Most of my dreams I have I've been sharing on my blog but how about a thread where we can all share together in one place? I'll go first, this is a dream I had last night. I was attempting to dream about Zack and I kind of did!

[May 4th, 2019] Angels of Death 2

Content Warning: None

I was on the city bus coming home from school. People from my old high school were bullying me like always; taking turns coming up from behind, hugging me, caressing my arms and patting my head. I yelled, threatened them and even went as far to use physical force to push them away. Eventually, the bus was almost near my place, so I rang the bell but it wouldn't stop. Some people yelled for the driver to stop. Guess he was dumbfounded by something because after like 3 or 4 bus stops, he finally awoke from his trance and let me off. 

As I got off, I found myself ways away from home in a bustling city. I was scared and didn't know where to go. The guys that passed me as I traveled down the sidewalk, wearing nothing but my socks...for some reason... gave me inappropriate looks which made me very uncomfortable. One even asked where my shoes were but I was too embarrassed to answer.

I looked for someone to help me get to where I needed to be. I asked a guy and a girl who were chatting near a cafe if they knew where a specific building was; this building I knew very well and it was close to home. The girl pointed me towards the direction, telling me that I needed to take a right once I went down these sketchy-looking metal stairs. I said, "ok, thanks!" and made my way down. I found myself in an underground-basement with a bunch of guys who were all sitting together in a large group watching American football playing on a flat screen TV mounted to the wall.
I made my way past them, keeping to the right as I spotted someone coming up from a flight of stairs in my way. This guy was white, bore tattoos all over his arms, was bald and for some reason, only his upper-half was visible to me. I could not see his legs, but he wasn't legless at all. He moved around as if he had legs, they were just naked to the eye. The guy was agitated about something. He mumbled to himself and snatched a broom and mop by this assortment of rubbish that was nesting by the wall. I just watched him, scared of getting any closer.
here was another guy next to me on a bench watching the sports game telling me who the guy was;

Guy: "Don't worry about him; he's just the janitor. He's a pretty cool guy if you got to know him."

Maria: "Oh, yeah...right, ok."

I was still too hesitant to approach him, so I waited till he disappeared back downstairs as I made my way down. But he was coming back up and we intersected one another.

Janitor: "Oh hey!"

His gloomy face turned to an ecstatic vibrancy with a grin and a show of teeth. (Zack...?)

Maria: "H...hi...I'm trying to get back home."

Janitor: "Oh? When you get back home, will you... (whispers something naughty in my ear)"

Maria: "W-w-what?! I-I mean...I don't know...I...gotta go now."

Janitor: "I'll come with you~"

The seemingly legless man walked by my side as we went down the stairs together. I was a bit paranoid with this guy following me, but he seemed...friendly, almost...familiar but I continued my way.

The two of us made it to the bottom and there was another right to take but we ran into these vegetables on the ground and I was puzzled. They then sprung to life in an instant moaning and grabbing us by the clothes.

Maria: "No! No! No! Let go of me!

Janitor: (punches a few) "Don't worry about them; they are cannibals, they only eat other vegetables."

Maria: "...What?!"
I broke myself free from the vegetation; the janitor did as well, but he was grabbed again and thrown in a cage along with me. We both were brought into a room as another figure came by our path. It was the guy I talked to before who explained to me who the janitor was. He had a grin on his face as well, devious at that.

Guy: "We're going to play a game. Both of you have a set amount of time to complete it, and it can go either way. One of you could win the game by killing the other or you both can just wait out the time together and win that way."

I thought to myself that their had to be a catch, this janitor guy would sure kill me if it meant for him to escape.

Guy: "Don't worry, there's no catch at all! It's an easy peasy game~ By the way, you might want this." (hands me a pamphlet) "Tells you all about our friend here."

I was scared to read it, but I did anyways. And lord and behold it was in-depth information about all the crimes the janitor has committed, including murder.

Maria: "I really don't want to die. I just want to go home!"

But no one will ever know because I WOKE UP!

I keep having short dreams about Allen and company, but I can't really remember them too well. Perhaps they weren't very important..I often remember sayings however, and it helps me piece things together too..I remember my soulmate saying something quite personal. I can direct quote but I'd rather not- not here. Anyway, along the lines of if she would've left me and told herself a lie to make herself feel better about my situation, it would've eaten her up with extreme guilt. I already know how she is with guilt, trying to power through it yet it still gets in the way.

On another note, I keep getting flashes of reading Tobi's mothers journal- I feel like I've read it multiple times. I wonder if he feels the same about me and that costly relationship. I wonder if her initially felt some resentment towards me-Allen- in the beginning because what his mother did..

Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Guest MariaTheFictionkin

Zack: "Maria was writing out the dream she had last night but decided it wasn't worth it. But I'll tell you the best part! She was being attacked blah blah blah by some people at an airport. She then yelled out my name and materialized my scythe and grabbed it, using it to fight off this giant bat made out of a peanut butter cups. We then met, I don't know how I ended up there, in my Isaac Foster (Zack) form, but I was made out of sequins. You know, those things on those mermaid pillows that you slide your hand across to make patterns and crap.

So, I was all sparkly looking and I gave her a big grin and opened my arms and she ran up and hugged me. After giving her a little peck on the cheek, she woke up but man, that was a nice moment!"

Random dream i've been meaning to write in my blog lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So i'm walking along a street, mad at my mom for who know what, and I see a construction site around a still standing house. Being the nosey person I am, I enter the site. Immediately, the house kinda pulls me in. Not physically, like with tree arms, but with some type of force.

So I enter the house and suddenly the door slams. There are four (maybe five?) doors in a long hallway. I enter the one at the farthest end of the hall and im greeted by a bed full of plush fruit. A strawberry one towers above them all with a evilish smile. Suddenly I realize how tired I am. A old lady rises from all the pillows, somehow jumping on the bed screaming "lets play lets play!"

I tell her how tired I am and ask to rest before we play. I lay down and fall aslepp for what feels like 5 mins (seriously, how donyou fall asleep in a dream while asleep?). Suddenly the woman jumps up again screaming lets play and all of a sudden it feels as though there are 50 million ants on top of me.

It tickles my skin so I get up and escape from the invisible hands. As I close the door, I swear that strawberry was glaring at me. Next room happened to be closed and as I opened it, a bunch of flying eyeballs lcame out, pulling me in every which way. I close the door and suddenly all the batballs dissapear.

I head to the third room, and as I open it, I realize that its a bed full of women (I think?!) who look pretty similar to marionette from FnaF. I slowly back out the room as all their heads turn towards me (wtf do I be dreaming XD).

(Ah there was 5 cause this one I remember vividly) Second to last room was another bathroom. This time, there were 2 folding chairs facing each other and no light switch. I tried to stand one up to turn the light manually, but with some type of force or magic would pull me back and keep me from reaching the light. Then it would reset the whole room, even closing the door.

The last room had two vampire looking people in it they seemed to be sleep so I tried to sneak around them and out the window. The male woke up and suddenly the old woman burst in again shouting that she used to be part of thw commity to. She then procceded to tickle me again. The male vampire puled her off and kicked her out, making to woman wake up.

This then lead to a huge explaination of how the house was called the hunger house cause the people there were always hungry and looking for any type of food. Any stray wanders would be determined by the committee (remember the marionette woman?) if they were to be eaten or not.

Aaaand then I woke up.

Again, wtf do i be dreaming about XD. 

I had this one where I was in my backyard looking at some mushrooms. I noticed an absolutely massive flower in this evergreen tree in my yard and started climbing it because I wanted to pick it. (Not sure how the flower got there, or even how I got up there since I can't even climb trees but ok) I made it up there and also found a handheld gaming device in the tree for some reason. Started asking around trying to find its owner, never did. 

Weird. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif

Back again with a dream-turned-nightmare!

I was exploring this dark building alongside... SOMEONE else I don't remember. We called it "The White House" (clearly in reference to THAT one but it didn't look at all like what I would imagine THAT one looked like) and it was basically this big mansion and we were trying to get to "the president's room" for some reason. We did finally end up in there, or at least I did. The main thing I remember was this huge mirror, but I don't remember seeing my reflection. At that point I... "woke up" on my mom's bathroom floor in the dark. But like I woke up IN the dream, I was still in my bed irl. But it was like I couldn't open my eyes all the way and also everything felt weird. Like I kept hearing these crashing sounds and thought the entire house was going to shatter and collapse in on me and basically drown me in little glass shards

I dreamt I died and went to hell. Apparently you get to the afterlife by lifting up the sky which is just one big sheet and then that works like a portal. Anywho hell was just a dingy housing estate with a grey tv drama filter, there was a lot of depressed looking working class older men. There was also something a bit eerie about them, can't put my finger on it but they scared me slightly. The devil was a woman in a red skirt suit and high heels aswell as horns tail etc. She was bossy and no nonsense. 

@Lopori: oh great, so hell is a senior's residence :biggrinderg:

Well, I had another one of my helicopter surveillance dreams this morning. They happen since at least 5 years, the last one about two weeks ago. In-dream, I'm always in my old parent's house. This time, I watched an airbourne military exercise from my old children's room. Some aircraft including a helicopter flew over the house and I also saw some flares shot at the horizon (they didn't care about being quiet, haha). I could make out some kind of radio transmission towers with which they'd control the manouver. This felt very eerie but I've seen this before (in-dream only), so I'm pretty much used to it. My mom joined and I told her that I wouldn't be surprised if the helicopter would investigate our house after the exercise. Soon enough, it floated right in front of my window. Quite a small one, only one pilot.

I got the usual feeling of being threatened and my mum and me were hiding from it first, but I realized that the pilot could see us anyhow. So I greeted him - and he greeted back. Consequently, I completely went out of hiding, shook his hand (literally while the aircraft was still flying... my old room was in 1st floor and had a balcony so I could reach out), and talked to him. This time he spoke German; however, I have the strange impression that he was not actually from our airforce. The flag on the uniform was not the German one, but unknown. I catched two details from the aircraft: first, it carried some aluminium food containers with Chinese curry (maybe lunch for the soldiers for after the exercise), and second the aircraft itself seemed to be "intelligent", looked much like the military mechas from Ghost in the Shell. Actually I got the eerie feeling that the technology was not really man-made, but alienish.

I feel I've had this style of dreams for over 5 years and I find them very, very consistent and disturbing, but they don't seem to be related to any real-life events. I always used to be unable to make friendly contact to the pilots, so I consider that very notable - especially since it happened two times in quick succession (two weeks ago and today). But the only thing I can relate to that IRL is kin connected. Still the dreams make me feel quite uneasy. I used to speculate that the aircraft represent an external threat to something that is dear to me (Earth, maybe). An alternative idea I came up with this morning is that they may represent a part of myself, something otherworldly that is powerful and potentially harmful, something I always was aware if and I'm now slowly getting on terms with - in other words, my draconic consciousness which at times feels like a beast that's being unchained?

Does anyone else have such consistent, but mysterious dream experiences which repeat over years? Does anyone try to interpret them?

Western Guardian Dragon

Had loads of nightmares about bugs in my house last night. Like this one about these two massive beetles like the size of my fist having a war in my bedroom. Also lots and lots of-.... bees...

Wait.

I literally just had a run-in with a wasp in my kitchen a few hours ago. W a t 

Posted (edited)

Update: I researched a bit about recurring dreams and found this is not too unusual. But I didn't find anything helpful my specific dream scene. I asked my mother if there were low-altitude flight-overs of aircraft over our old house. It would have been possible because we lived near Ramstein USAF base. But she told me it never was the case. I also remember a very, very vivid scene with a jet fighter literally floating 100m above our garden, me standing directly underneath it. I come to realize that it must have been a dream since a most real jets couldn't do that. I'm having a dream journal only since this year, but that dream must have happened when I was much younger - same basic dream scenario, but completely different personal situation.

Also there seems to be a close relation to other recent dreams with different scenery... I'm always at a place I already know, oftentimes people are around, and there are flying objects which are observing and more or less pose a threat to me and the people. Sometimes they're also crashing down in the near vicinity. I never see myself or others as dragons, though. Still I believe that these dreams must have a strong connection to a very core part of my personality. They are far from being random, it rather seems my subconscious wants to tell me something.

I'd pretty much like to make the dreams lucid and work with them. Contacting the pilots did involve some decision by me, but was only the first step imo. I'd be too curious to know what happened if I transformed into draconian form in front of the pilots. Maybe they'd reveal their true self? I'll try visualizing this in meditation, that should help me to do it in the dream or even give more insight.

New Update: I actually managed to recreate the dream scene and implement the plan both in meditation and a lucid dream yesterday. Didn't expect this would happen so fast, but the basic technique seems work. Only that the pilots didn't give a helpful answer yet. Guess I'll have to wait until this dream happens naturally and then try to do it in there...

Edited by Amber

Western Guardian Dragon

Guest MariaTheFictionkin

I can't remember exactly what happened in this dream. I didn't write it down but it happened last week. I was in a straitjacket locked up in a padded cell. Zack was talking to me but I can't say for sure what he was telling me. I should get back into lucid dreaming again. It's just a pain writing essay-length recalls almost every morning when I woke up.

I posted this on my blog on tumblr awhile back but I wanna post it here too~

'I still find it nice that I help other magic practitioners when I astral travel in my sleep.~ I think it was last month where I was helping a person with a ritual in a dream, the most I did to help was get items they needed from a box for what they’re making and shooing away any unwanted attention(at least I thought it was unwanted; Sorry if it wasn’t @w@;]

[something like this?? To be fair either I was small or the box was huge in that dream]

The other dream I had when I was acting like a temp familiar is when a witch needed help getting something in a locked door and I turned into a bird(or it could be my impy self cuz I was able to grab things with my hands still~) to fly in an open window that was above the door to get a key, a book, or something. either way, we’d manage to get the task done.~

I gotta say that being a familiar sometimes is very fun and rewarding in itself.~ And honestly, I wish I can have more like this in the future.~

Current mood:ezgif-4-4169d3add80e.png.c87cd2a38a7a21e0e3156cf9dddac336.png

Today was not the first time I experienced what I can only describe as a "meta dream" but it was a meta concept within a dream or layers of realities in themselves although this one was distinctive from the others. The first layer of this dream, the one I had been dreaming in, was that of a reality where all of the world seemed very normal. In fact, it was regularly mostly indecipherable from reality as we are aware of it except for this pervasive sense that something was off to me. There was a dissonance with my dream awareness and the dream about what I truly was, because while I appeared and seemed to be human, my subconscious was actively speaking to the unconscious because the orienting was incorrect. However, the illusion maintained as I went about with people and oddly enough, accompanied them into places I would regularly not, in this case into a crowd event and aboard a bus. What I began to notice is that many of these people were, for lack of better words, automatons in behavior; blank slates, hardly people and almost zombified in the sense they were merely going through the motions.

Reasonably so this aroused suspicion, which began to make me aware of issues with the dream world, such as the inconsistency of the sudden transition of people stepping on to buses, including myself, to attend a theme park attraction. Knowing I would never do such a thing and would never allow myself to be so tightly packed with people, lest it be an absolute emergency, and noting that these people lacked any apparent agency, I began to notice certain other people who were orchestrating this. These "staff", if I might be so blunt, seemed to be guiding them and informing them what to do and seemed wary of me although I continued to feign and go along. While they watched me with concern, soon the travel began it became apparent the "theme park" was instead some sort of twisted entertainment for other observers. Immediately I intervened and interrupted, such as by when the buses began to drive into parts of the environment, be struck by them, or otherwise suffer in various ways - undoubtedly harming or doing worse to the people - I suddenly became aware this was all an illusion, as was the next stage. As the moment I went to fight one of the staff, they were suddenly horrified that I possessed my usual qualities in the dream; a fist might have struck them but they were flayed by claws or hit with no force a human could dare inflict.

They began to panic, with more of them confronting me, but as I began to hunt them down and actively attack them to fend them off from these people and the entertainment they were obviously engaging in for someone else - people who were not present but my awareness told me must exist in this context - they showed legitimate fear and concern. They realized, despite being dream beings, that they being mostly unarmed and fighting for all their life, could do nothing; striking me did as much as punching a cat just under half a ton would do, all the fur, hide, and muscle absorbing the attacks despite the fact I was seemingly as human as them. Once they discovered they were overwhelmed, one raced to sound the alarm, and while I hunted her down and ended her quickly, suddenly I was pulled into the third layer of reality. This reality was the one I had been sensing, the one wherein people were watching these event orchestrators and operators torment the automaton-like people. Suddenly now they too realized I was with them, although they, in their horror, also now realized that I was no longer limited to the human form the illusion had been perpetuated. Upon seeing me, and I realizing myself because the perspective had shifted - height and anatomical differences playing into effect - they immediately broke rank.

Now with the full capacity and faculties I normally operate in dreams with, the full body of the beast, and quite literally in their midst from where they were surrounding, watching these shows much the same one would in say a bar or pub, a sport event, the tables were turned harshly against them. I cannot say what revenge I did not enact against them that could be born of claw and fang, because it was all a continuous blur from one target to the next, all I can say is that this was the point at which I knew the dream to be a dream and a meta dream which was layered. The motive as well was not that of a frenzied animal but the raw, icy anger of these people having the audacity to think they could fool me or cow me, then dare injure me or harm me, let alone do such a thing to people who clearly were unaware of their state in reality.

Regardless, an interesting experience wherein I interacted with three layers of a dream and not a common one at that.

Smilodon Populator

@Amber, to answer your question I do experience this type of dream. By this type I mean one rife with conflict and with strange applications and incarnations of quasi-reality. Often they serve as conceptual allegory for other experiences; other times my dreams are events I have experienced but are reborn and retold in a new way. In that sense they are recurrent and they often tell their stories as if they were parallels to the other ones of similar genre. Most are, or really would be, a nightmare in some fashion but are often effectively hijacked by my doing, regardless of them being unconscious dreaming or lucid dreaming.

As for my interpretation of these events, I take these instances as assessments and expansions of how I perceive reality. I find that most people, the regular people of the world are unaware and uninitiated to some tenants of the greater world; all too much naivety for their own good and being manipulated by increasingly bad but ever more aware persons. 

Smilodon Populator

I haven't any idea how taboo it is to post twice in a row and did not immediately see anything scorning this behavior, but I do have yet another dream to share before I myself return to the world of sleep. This one was less elaborate than the last, much less colorful and symbolic or strange and layered. As it goes it is fairly mundane but is exactly as expected of me in any number of ways.

As the Smilodon I found myself exploring some urban place, such as a bank or business, and the people paid no mind to my existence. Of course, this was because of the overwhelming sense that they could not see me, as either to them I was a spirit, invisible and unknowable, or because I was not as I appeared to myself which is often a common theme in my dreams; that the characters cannot always see me for what I am. They were stressed and hurried, hustling about and I merely drifted through them, between them. Yet as I drew nearer to the "center" of this place, they became ever more aware of me and more hostile with the impression of their faces becoming angered glares. Eventually they intervened and told me I could not be there, forcing me to take another route, which I did with a stairwell. 

This dream later manifest again in a more exaggerated way another time, many of my dreams share recurring locations with changed circumstances, so this surprises me none. Even if I myself do not wholly recognize these places, I invite myself into them and the rules of physical boundaries seldom prevent me from actually getting into them. Almost similar to an astral experience in that sense or how I seem to weave between an ethereal and physical form.

Smilodon Populator

@Red-in-Tooth: don't mind posting twice, it's fine! Especially if you have such interesting experience to report on, imo. There seems to be some pattern in your dreams..

I woke up this morning when my family apparently was about to start christmas lunch. They told me it was 2031. I felt I was missing some years and told them I needed to go to another time. First I thought I should go to 2024, but then I woke up here. And I'm actually very happy about this since I'd have been totally unprepared for the christmas party :biggrinderg:

Western Guardian Dragon

I appreciate the note, @Amber. I do enjoy thinking my dreams are a novelty, so I am pleased another enjoys hearing about them, which of course leads into the next element on themes. From the sounds of your dream it might do well to prepare for this party now and those in the future to come.

Today's dream was similar to others in that it began as a deviation of reality and in it I was to be present for consultations in a foreign nation, a non-specific one in Asian theatre. Having been present there after arrival, some of the orders of business was finding a place to stay and even exchange currency, as well as find an interpreter. Realizing this was short notice and suspicious in itself, events evolved in that a group of men encountered us, me and my companions, at a post office as we were sorting through the post to find boxes we needed. Presumably this too was not correct and that we were engaged in attempting to acquire these items for information. The men who confronted us of course opted to try and engage in a fight; it went poorly for them as imagined and while all unarmed, needless to say it is not a very fair fight when one party has a large predatory cat. After this detailed conflict, we withdrew and acquired transport, which then resulted in driving into one of their sites where construction was under way. Disguised as inspectors, with distinct blue helmets and white uniform, we entered and soon made our way to the other buildings on the premises.

That was where it ended and as for common threads of my dreams, notably there are always some common elements, the leading being that all of the dreams in first person are as the cat, yet that any dream dreamt as another individual is effectively my being present and seeing the scene through their eyes; I do not have control or influence over then person or the scenario, rather it is much more like watching the events. This is one of the reasons I assume I dreamwalk more than even I am aware of, because I seem to quietly and passively intrude on other events and places while attaching myself to these persons, almost as a form of sensory or scrying. Outside of this, even if I am not aware I am my true self and the dream emulates reality, down to following patterns of ritual in daily life, it is still always present and in a moment, when danger calls, the fur, claw, and fangs are not far. So again, as noted elsewhere, it seems my unconscious and subconscious are both deeply aware of my animal nature, which to me is a greater form of self-confirmation. It demonstrates this quality is ingrained and not forced, as one can attempt to seed these two aspects of underlying conscious but one cannot compel them to do anything consciously; part of why dreams seem so erratic and errant and why conscious concerns that leech into them are so fleeting, non-repetitive.

Next comes the reality that all humans are dangerous and that they are actively searching for errors in their reality, to include me. While a seemingly paranoid thought, the idea that people are "out to get me", this manifestation of the dream has obvious symbolism. People are consistently observing and gauging for things that do not confine to normalcy which, as reasoned, includes myself. No less, they are not friendly in this regard and their intent is to do harm. In the real world this would be petty attempts at shaming, demeaning, belittling, mocking, and so on, all at my expense if I so much as showed them as I am at heart. Continued, they are so hostile to that idea that I need remain covert and assume a persona in various cases to mask myself, although this disguise is not perfect. I am as I am, I cannot undo myself, I can no longer completely bury it if I wish to tap into it, so some of the truth bleeds through in manner and deed. Regular persons do indeed perceive this but cannot see through the obscurations erected, so in the dream world this is magnified and exaggerated; this is the reason that all of them feel like "search lights" attempting to spot me and why they seem to stare, even turn to follow. They are aware something lurks in their midst and they are, as a pretty animal would be, rightfully wary of it because they can almost see it.

Lastly, much of the imagery and events take place in parallel to life. If I have not traversed and gone somewhere else and or "haunted" someone else to see a glimpse of their life, the scenarios as noted play out in familiar locations. They are recurrent dreams built off of memories and they repeat themselves time and time again, only with varied and added content. All the events might well be identical except that suddenly, a person who I do not trust and am wary of, identifies me for what I am and the fight is on; alternatively I intervene in an act not permissable and suddenly all the constructs of the dream have turned hostile for realizing I am present.

Another tangent built off of this, which is very strange to me, is that when combat has been engaged, is that once the claws are freed there appears to be an apparent shock and terror these dream constructs experience. As if they are aware, as if the dream is now aware, the thing they are confronting is not human. There is legitimate fear in their expression and reaction, as though not only are they trying to preserve themselves, they regret this action because they have engaged something that they did not expect; they recoil, bend, break, as people would under such an assault. They of course do wound me but the pain here is a dull burn, as though it is very distant and is removed, but what is done to them is nothing short of being mangled and mauled. So this leaves me to wonder just how and why these dream constructs act as they do and why, for whatever reason, they are unaware of my actual nature. They are me, my dream, so one would initially assume they shouldn't be surprised to encounter a nearly thousand pound carnivore bearing down on them once they turn hostile.

Smilodon Populator

My dreams are... odd and vivid. All my dreams are basically in an odd, alternate version of the places I frequent. They all stay the same throughout the dreams, but they do change sometimes. And when they do, I notice. I also am able to remember where things are within this odd place. Here are some things that are frequent within these dreams

1: there's a furry store, that sells furry stuff like partials and supplies and plushies]

2: The mall and the library are haunted

3: there are two libraries

4: The store is full of gangs...?

5: The mall has two or three floors

6: There's a bar run by demons

these are just some of the things that are consistent. I don't know if my dreams are just weirdly vivid or if I visit an alternate reality every night.

Hybrid Ink Being

Happily taken by Bendy himself

Follow my Blog!

I set myself on a strict fat loss diet (-600 kcal/d) and boy that gives you strange dreams. This night, I dreamt about a massive eating orgy. I don't even know the precise occasion. I think it was a company anniversary. But apparently people would meet in a big hall and would eat away completely insane amounts of stuff for like 9 hours. 12 courses, but each course wouldn't consist in a single dish but in a buffet-like arrangement done by a caterer, always including hearty food and sweets. All sorts of meat, pasta, cake rolls... I had food dreams before but the bad thing is that I typically don't realize it's a dream, while still realizing that I'm dieting. So I don't eat anything! This night I only tasted two petit fours at the end of the orgy (mighty good :biggrinderg:).

Another notable dream (maybe interesting for @Shezep) happened two days ago and included egyptian gods. This is highly unusual; I think I never had dreams with them. I don't even know much about them. From what I can remember and what I've written down in the dream log, there were two names sticking in my mind: Apophis and Osiris. I think I represented one of them, and I think it was Apophis. Also, I believe I saw one of them represented by a cobra, but I thought that was Osiris. I had the impression that they were fighting each other but Apophis was on the good side. I also think one of the gods was a servant to Heru.

I didn't even know if "Apophis" was an egyptian god or just the name of a headache pill. But checking revealed that Apophis embodies evil and chaos, opposes light and order, and is usually represented by a snake (or even a dragon). So my dream impression of Osiris being the snake was wrong or I remembered it wrong. Osiris on the other hand seems to be the god of the realm of the dead. While Apophis is generally considered evil, that doesn't seem to be the case for Osiris. I can't exactly see what the two of them would fight about. Neither does me being Apophis seem to make too much sense.

Western Guardian Dragon

@Amber Apophis or Apep is the worst of the worst. That's the force that wants to end all of creation, permanently. None of that death and renewal stuff, which is actually more of Osiris's thing. It's never depicted in whole form, always cut into pieces and wounded, so Kemetics strike out or otherwise desecrate the name. That's how bad he is. We're not talking the devil here, a necessary evil or tempter. We're talking about the end of everything, forever. All the Egyptian gods fight him including and especially Set. 

Yes, Apep is depicted as a snake but that doesn't mean that all snakes are bad. Cobras are often symbols of protection that spit fire at enemies, which is why they're often featured on crowns. So, someone going into battle certainly could take on that form. 

You definitely don't want to be that guy. There's nothing good about him, especially if you think of yourself as a guardian. 

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

I'm a Heru. No, not that one. 

Perhaps, @Amber, this manifestation as antithesis to one's self as @Shezep described is a manifestation of warning. A cautionary tale of the subconscious, bubbling up from below, of what not to be and what to be wary of. I propose this because of the nature of archetype theories and how dreaming in analytical psychology is established and used. Dreams often can symbolize, when one becomes something particularly, especially that which they resent, a warning from the self at the core - down far below where one could ever reach because it is so abstract - that caution must be used to avoid becoming the very thing opposed. I find it in no short way appropriate that a force as Apophis, struck out for the sake of being respectful in this context with said knowledge in mind, is an idea and interpretation opposed to the idea of being a guardian of life. While I cannot say these things for certain, one would need to see what associations surface when thinking on it beyond the imagery or events, I believe it is not out of the question to hold the possibility at hand that the narrative was a mirror and a symbol of ultimate destruction over preservation, entropy at its greatest and all consuming.

Smilodon Populator

@Shezep, @Red-in-Tooth: yes, that confirms what I found out and thought, too. Adopting the antithesis theory would make it the third time in six months I've had such a warning experience. But I think I won't attribute too much meaning to the particular dream unless it's repeating. If it is, I'll pay closer attention at what the deities do and which one I actually represent.

Western Guardian Dragon

Repeating dreams tend to be far more specific warnings, as I have no doubts that one as yourself is aware, @Amber. So I would like to posit that since these are reappearing, the idea of antithesis imagery, there might be some element in life that one is not meeting up to their expectations of themselves. This is not accusatory either but dreams are typically harshly judgmental in warnings and seldom subtle about them, so it might be a very minor thing that irks you. If not already done, I do suggest and propose all the antithetical dreams are compared for similar undertones and notes, then of course the feelings that arise about them. I myself am very curious about the portents involved.

Smilodon Populator

I had a dream I can remember finally.

First, I was in Walmart. All the Halloween decorations were set out already and I was enjoying those a lot. Next came a slasher style serial killer. He didn't kill me. I ran and kept looking back at him. Lucky for dream me, he didn't follow.

Next, I got lost in a big part of town. In someone's house. They refused to help me figure out how to get home. I spent time trying to sniff out a route. I found one.

And then I found the path home finally, I dropped to all fours and I ran. I stopped once because I had gotten a sandspur in my hand, though.

I just realized that I never have any outright theriotype dreams unless I'm denying that. They usually involve some grumpy old guy coming up and telling me that he knows my kind and he knows that I'm a coyote or actually turning into a coyote when it isn't convenient and could lead to my death.

This could partially count as one of those since I was physically human in the dream and only running on all fours as a coyote and did a bunch of things as a coyote, I guess. I'm not in denial as much anymore, though.

He/him | Therian | Fictionkin

Wild things can't get comfortable