The Daily Dream Thread - Page 2 - 💬​​​​​​​ Chit Chat - Kinmunity Jump to content
Guest MariaTheFictionkin

The Daily Dream Thread

After lying in bed and trying to fall asleep, I had a dream about.... lying in bed and trying to fall asleep. But this time there was a spider in my room.

I can't win. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif

Just had a strange dream in which I saw some incomprehensible signs around the moon. I saw them through my kitchen window quite clearly and wrote them down in-dream. Feels like someone wants to give me a message I don't understand yet. It looked somewhat like this:

image.png.c8653a8ae1bf2b29a0bcad72c261819b.png

Then I picked up my cell phone and camera from my living room. Bad idea; when I returned the signs were gone and the moon was at another place.

Western Guardian Dragon

Some of those symbols look like the Chinese for wood. 木

Anyway. This wasn't a recent dream, but it's a fun story to tell regardless. I had a dream once where I got taken by these guys in suits on a spaceship. They teleported with me to an unfamiliar desolate and open area, where there was a road. Standing on the road, they pointed out a large, full, unnaturally red moon. They told me that I would see this moon again, and that when I did, I would know that I was in the place I was meant to be.

Almost ten years later, I was going through Wyoming late at night. It was on 26, around the Crowheart/Diversion Dam area. The place looked just like where I was in the dream. And get this- there was the moon! Huge, redder than I ever thought a moon could be red, the whole scene exactly like in the dream. So is that random part of Wyoming where I'm meant to be? Hmm

Double-Crested Cormorant | Anhinga | Pachycephalosaurus

there is always a way - you just need to find it - if you can't find the way, make the way

I just had a dream that I saved a puppy from drowning in sand but was concerned there was something still wrong, and proceeded to heckin walk to the vet carrying the pupper like a baby. Then I guess I got to an airport?? And there I saw bts and talked to them until I woke up. I just saw this thread so enjoy my nonsense dream lmao

I had a dream last night that involved an anhinga, a guy who could shapeshift into a ram (and even normally had ram horns and was blue for some reason), and riding on an AI horse that seemed to purposefully choose the worst possible path through everything.

there is always a way - you just need to find it - if you can't find the way, make the way

Last night, I dreamed I walked into a Blockbuster of all things.  A Blockbuster that was actually open.  My dad was there and I straight up asked him if we were in 2004 again, so even dream me was confused I guess.  There were a bunch of old horror movie VHS tapes I decided to check out.  I walked out of the Blockbuster to find that it was directly inside Space Mountain at Disney World.  There were skeletons riding it for some reason.  IRL me hates roller coasters and so does dream me I guess so I noped outta there.  My dad decided to ride it though. 

Last night's was an interesting one. For a little clarification at our childhood home there was an area that due to being blocked off by a fence and being on the back of our yard we always had some imagination over what might be there, original especially. As a kid we'd have dreams sometimes where that area was larger, with more trees and up a slope of a massive hill, and in our dreams we'd explore that place. In reality though the area only had a few trees and there was just another house there. 

This dream took place in the large imagined version of the area but this time everything was mowed down. It was just a grassy upward hill, everywhere else was exactly the same and our yard was all there, just the hill was bare. Everything except this berry bush with something like blueberries, which after looking around I decided to start picking them. I was eventually joined by either our childhood friend. 

It was kind of nice, a little strange though. That might be why I've been playing on the petsites we played on as a kid all day haha 

-{Iros} [Complicated, Fictionkin]

I had a dream about high school again. Usually it's dreams of me and my husband in high school together which turns into some sort of science fantasy pretty fast and its weird/cool. 

But nope. This one was my actual high school. All the kids I used to know were in it, and we were on a field trip, and I was just doing my own thing when I heard a girl I was friends with talking horribly about me when she thought I couldn't hear, and was outraged that I got upset. And no one was defending me and saying I was overreacting that she said I was basically the worst person ever. I was so hurt and angry, that I walked away trying not to cry or scream at them.

It then cut to the school bus as we were going to the next place, and they all were only a few rows ahead of me, and making sure to talk about how annoying I was and how I overreacted and how sorry they were for the girl that she had to deal with that from me. 

I was literally on the verge of snapping. 

I felt the urge to get up and crash the bus so strongly that I ended up basically cracking, let out a scream of rage and hatred and did just that.

I woke up after that, angry at the dream, and then had to pee. 

🙃

//Fenrir//

The Knight Of The Shining Emperor-King
             The Dark Thief Of Knowledge ~ The Bound Beast Of Predation ~ The Paradox Loremaster ~ The Digital God Of The Black Waters

Posted (edited)

There was a sunset and a lot of fighter jets and helicopters and ground-based military vehicles. They were heading west. Something had happened but no one knew what. I was a soldier.

Edit: Doing some interpretation. Will share later.

Edited by Metakka
Also added some more prominent details

He/him | Therian | Fictionkin

Wild things can't get comfortable

I had a dream inspired by Shadowrun apparently. 

I was visiting a city and started getting harassed by law enforcement over being an orc. Funny things is, I don't think I was an orc before I came to the city. I wasn't allowed to walk around without papers, which I didn't have. I looked in the mirror trying to decide if it was really too noticeable for me to be walking around, and yes, I saw definite bulges under my lip where the tusks were growing in. Rather than staying home, I put on a bigger hood, and went to see if someone I came to town with would help me get some papers. The friend didn't think anyone would sell them after what happened on Sunday. Apparently I did have something to do with what happened, but I don't remember what it was. I then asked them if they could get a message to the royals, who were the ones who invited me to come to the town in the first place. 

Apparently turning into an orc didn't bother me at all. 

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

I'm a Heru. No, not that one. 

I dreamt as I often do the world of the dream and our own was once again thank you he same. Seemingly indecipherable from one another, except that there was a heaviness to the environment and atmosphere that felt more morbid, more desolate. In it, I understood that there was some terrible illness that people were rightfully fearful of but the world kept trying to go on, that attempts to keep the machine going were made. In general everyone appeared tired, fatigued, drained, and it was clear their morale was flagging and that they were just trying to go through the motions. That these dream constructs legitimately were pulled down by the weight of apparent reality. Yet in contrast, I was unaffected in that not only was I rested and still vivacious, it was obvious to them I was not affected by the events or the reality that suggested the world was slipping away, not with a bang but a whimper.

It was not even that they envied me, it anything they were discomforted by it, because of what was "in my blood". That I was unable to be tainted by this illness that had taken so many, just as I was not seemingly broken by the burdens of the world. My dream dreamt to me that what it meant in this was obvious, that I was a "chimera", or what it specifically meant in "not wholly human". I could not become ill from a disease that affected only people. It made me apart from them and while it did not concern them that I was - their hope so severely broken because of the dying light of civilization - it made them reliant upon me. As everything else of man withered away, most of all it's hope, I felt more and more attuned to the animal aspect and it manifest through the inner me into the outer me. I felt more alive and free, taking on more the aspect of the great, ancient cat until I was wholly myself and it was left to me to confront the sickness.

I fought with a symbol of it and I killed it handedly, the struggle, the dance of life and death, meant nothing to me from a manifestation of illness that could not touch me. Whereas it plagued others and consumed them slowly, it could not so much as scathe me. Where it assumed me to be mere man it fought with something that bore tooth and claw, which tore it asunder. It struggled and flailed but I did not relent, neither did I until I expunged it. All the people who looked on saw both these things for what they were, myself as the sabertooth, and the illness as a twisting, corruptive shadow. Two spirits endowed with supernatural symbol and myth locked in what would regularly be impossibility. Rightfully so the dream constructs were mesmerized and while they feared this spectre of sickness, fleeing from it, they accepted and noted after that it only ever made sense why it was I was untainted and that I went so far to kill it. That in order to do so, I had to not be a person at all.

A very insightful and rich dream, I think, one with a great amount of metaphor and deep symbolism, so much so it was overt about what it was.

Smilodon Populator

So this dream was yet another one of my odd transformation dreams

I was thinking about all the conundrums I've been in lately, and I said out loud "I need to find a path." Suddenly the sky started turning psychedelic patterns and a loud hum began emanating from everything. I then had a thought. "Wait, what if I'm not looking for a path? What if...I AM THE PATH?!" and I heard a loud BANG and everything turned back to normal.

Later on, I discovered that I had gained a shapeshifting power in that event. I could turn into a path? That's right. I could turn into a path. Riveting. Except it was actually useful, because I realized that when I did that, I was being transported into, IDK some other dimension or instance that was separate from the rest of the world. And this enabled other people to use me to travel through some portal to anywhere they wanted to be. So I could be a magical path that takes people wherever they wanted to go.

File that under "strangest superpowers."

I dreamed I was infiltrating a ship with zombies, hidden explosives, and giant sharks surrounding it. More recently I dreamt of a mutation that granted photosynthesisis to non autotrophs, yet made the ears vulnerable to some bizarre fatal injury. I had more interesting dreams but far worse ones too.

I had two notable dreams the past week. The first one was a nice little draconian dream, in which I watched a local riding event in my former home village as draconian, fly-hopping onto roofs and climbing up walls to have a better view. My foot claws were incredibly sharp.

The second dream event happened yesterday morning and was far less comforting. It was maybe the worst helicopter crash nightmare I ever had. I was at a place of my early youth and people dear to me were around. There was my uncle's ex-wife (very strange), my deceased grandpa, my father and another person I didn't know. Obviously the heli (I could even pinpoint the type) was out of control (flying backwards), then crashed nearby. It felt like a terror attack and nuclear explosion. We retreated to a room in the house opposite the crash place, and barricaded the door. I heard three very severe outerworldly and terrifying explosion sounds. None of us was hurt, but it got very hot around the door, as if some kind of radioactive radiation was involved. We listened to the radio and tried to reach the fire brigade. I woke up and wrote down the dream. Afterwards I had some three lucid dreams where I looked around for crashing aircraft. I actually found some, but this was not nearly as severe as the initial dream. Investigating one crash scene, there was only harmless litter.

I was so concerned about this that I spoke to a colleague in office. After ruling out any obvious relations to my real life, she attributed it just to stress. I stated that the stress level at work currently wasn't so high (it was much higher earlier this year), but she meant that this wouldn't matter and implied that my subconcious might just throw this at me after accumulating stress. Well of course that's an easy answer and possible but still.. why this exact dream scene? The dream scene basically shows me and people around me at a place I'm familiar with, endangered by something. Now this could generally refer to anything threatening my current life, some kind of latent fear, e.g. of my parents death. Problem is that the dreams were already present years ago, where named fear was not at all present. Also if we take a closer look, then I'm trying to protect myself and the people around me, some of which I don't even know, and the aircraft invades the place original to me from the from the outside; it doesn't originally belong there. Furthermore, I can identify it as technology which somehow went out of control. Whether this is a targeted attack or an accident is unclear, but I can not avoid the event or influence it in any way, I can only observe it. It could all still relate to an unknown real-life thread, but could as well relate this to my kin identity: the aircraft representing human technology that has gone berserk, and the place I am representing Earth. There is also another interpretation related to the astral plane.

In any case the message of the dreams is basically very clear: I feel that something dear to me is endangered by a foreign force which I cannot control, things are getting increasingly dangerous, the effects will be catastrophic, and I can not do much to prevent the catastrophe but can only hope for the best and try to mitigate the effects. It's no wonder I'm concerned tbh.

Update 2019/07/14: there was also no shortage of dreams last night.. in one of them I was on a business trip in Paris with my mother and we had strange trouble getting back; in another one I was apparently threatened by something radioactive but I can't even remember what it was. The fear of radioactivity is something that can be explained very easily since I've grown up near a nuclear power plant and we were given emergency flyers in school; also the Tschernobyl incident did greatly scare me as a child. So, my subconscious is throwing any kind of strange stuff at me, but the threathening feeling of all of this is about 10-20 times weaker than that one helicopter crash...

Western Guardian Dragon