Oak

Skyrim questions

Oak    0

Is anyone else here really obsessed with Skyrim like me?

And if so, what's your favorite race and why? Do you prefer melee weapons or magic? What's your favorite spell/weapon and why? Do you favor Imperial or Stormcloaks?

Sorry for so many questions, I just like to know. And like I said, I may have a slight obsession.

Nyht Myst    62

I love the Elder Scroll games, replay them many times.

And if so, what's your favorite race and why?

I've come to love playing Nords, not for any game bonuses but because they seem like a strong, durable race.

Do you prefer melee weapons or magic?

Wepons, I'm always getting stealth kills.

What's your favorite spell/weapon and why?

A bow, great for long range and stealth kills.

you favor Imperial or Stormcloaks?

Neither? Every time I replay the games I kill more and more NPCs; I am a devout follower of Sithis in those games.

Mirath    284

And if so, what's your favorite race and why? Do you prefer melee weapons or magic? What's your favorite spell/weapon and why? Do you favor Imperial or Stormcloaks?

Sorry for so many questions, I just like to know. And like I said, I may have a slight obsession.

Argonians or Khajiit. Because beast races are quite epic

Melee weapons, hands down. I've tried magic, not a fan of it

Enhanced Dwarvern Crossbow (Dawnguard expansion)

Stormcloaks. Because the armour looks sweet and the voice actor for Ulfric is real good...

Dinocanid    26

Argonians; they most resemble the dragons

Melee weapons. Longswords to exact. I like bows too.

Firebreath because dragons o3o

Neither. Choosing a side ends up with someone's kids either in the streets or locked in a basement and that makes me feel bad xD

AshenFall    406

I've actually only just bought the game recently, but I'm already obsessed with it.

Khajit is my favourite race, I love their appearance. Nothing better than a cat-like race. :)

Melee weapons.

My favourite weapon so far is the bows, love using them for distance/stealth kills. Haven't really tried magic much yet so I can't comment on my favourite spell

Neither. I've barely even played the storyline, I'm always too busy exploring the mountains and landscape.

Oak    0

I just realized I never posted mine.

I personally like Khajiit the most, I like the way they look, I like their race's story, etc.

I much prefer melee, I really like The Mace Of Molag Bal, and I prefer crossbows over regular bows.

And My first character is a stormcloak. I wasn't extremely interested in much of that though, I may have my second character do something else.

I like all of y'alls answers. ^-^

Bran    0

When I played, if I HAD to pick a preset race i usually did Breton. When I was able to run the Editor I made my own races though.

Luario    2

Argorian, what else a dragon could pick? ^^

Melee, magic in skyrim feels a little weak compared to its mana cost.

I like 1h swords because of their speed, critical hit and backstab potential if pure fight start to make me bored. I don't remember names but for most of the time I used that daedric light-making sword, sometimes glass sword and in the end made by myself dragonic 1h-sword + some dmg enchantments, entire dragon light armor as too. Favorite spell...heal ^^' I love having sword and heal but it's very annoying when I can't block with a sword if I have something in my second hand like heal or other spell. I don't like shields, I feel a little...em..."fatty" when I have one. The only game where i was using shields for real was Dark Souls...but I'm learning to roll anyway.

The last question is difficult. I like rebellions in general and I feel good taking a part in them but if you ask citizens about stormguys they always complain. Well, it's more like "I WANNA BLOOOOOD" and you don't actually care what will happen after that little war. This is unhealthy behavior and it's visible when everything ends because "what such a blood-demanding beast like me will do next?" and then comes some kind of depression. But hell, I love those temporary heart calls even if consequences of stopping are overwhelming. Probably this urge is what I have from my draconic life.

The imperials are bringing peace and order which citizens really likes if you ask them. They are fine in general and what they doing is very understandable if you find it out by working for them. But helping them feels like lame duty, you do things because it must be done ect.

I don't know what to do. Follow a wild heart and join stormbros and become a beast, butcher because i love it? Or listen to my mind and join empire and stop Ulfric's madness but always feel "empty" inside? Aghh It feels like my draconic wild nature and my peaceful human side are fighting inside me.

Raijun    25

Okay, tough one here. I'm not a racist or anything (ha, what?) but I tend to pick Imperials. I almost, almost feel like a racial bonus is cheating to a degree. I am wrong, of course, but I don't really care enough about it one way or another to argue. :) The Imperials look the least pockmarked or something. I don't know why it matters because we so rarely see our character again anyway.

I am most assuredly a bow and dagger person, being a Roguely sort of bloke. A bow is like that gift that lets you reach out and touch someone. Lethally. I am definitely all about that stealth game. I will reload a quicksave over and over again until I get the ideal outcome. If I don't, it means I have grown lazy or drowsy and might stop playing for a bit.

I find that I almost never use any potions except healing or mana potions. It's bothersome to me. I want to use Restoration magic to heal myself, but sometimes it's too slow. I don't mind multiclassing a Rogue / Healer, if that's a thing, but as they say on the internets, ain't nobody got time for that. Yes.

As for any loyalty on my part, I have gone fully down both paths, I think. I was probably more impressed by the Empire's side of things, but I tend to be a Stormcloak in my heart. Sadly, I play with my brain. That just does its own thing mostly. :)

St Claire    120

My favourite race to play as is Orc, I really like their aesthetic. Although I feel like I'm letting the racial bonus go to waste because I like to hide somewhere and snipe enemies with a bow haha.

My favourite weapon is a daedric bow with a fiery souls enchantment. The first time I played I only used close, one-handed weapons, because I didn't trust my aiming abilities (I play on console) but then I discovered from watching my sister use bows that aiming really isn't as difficult as I thought.

I always play imperial. The stormcloak motto of "skyrim is for the nords" really rubs me the wrong way, especially after you find out about the snow elves. Also, it seems like ulfric likes causing trouble for the sake of it, and doesn't even really believe in his own doctrine.

LinRae    7

I like playing as a Bosmer in Skyrim. I usually max out sneak and archery first, because sniping is a good way to take out opponents, and bows are the best attack against dragons

Devagraha    3

I have an obsession with skyrim as well.

Mainly my favorite races are,

Khajiit

Argonian

Dark elf

As for weapons or magick, I tend to have a even amount of the two, though I prefer weaponry; Ebony Daggers to be more precise. :)

Most of my characters end up as assassins. So I normally always go hunting for Ebony Daggers to either buy or find.

As for the stormcloak & Imperials, I have to go with neither, I don't particularly like any of them; I mostly just do my own thing. :)

I could talk about skyrim all day, however I will end my rant here.

~

Devagraha

Masema    6
To quote the French 'oui'.

And if so, what's your favorite race and why?
Hmm.. Kajiit, due to an ART mod

Do you prefer melee weapons or magic?
neither.

What's your favorite spell/weapon and why?
Dragonbone dagger (cause X12 sneak attack) and Revanent (cause anyone comes back to be my slave).

Do you favor Imperial or Stormcloaks?
Stormcloaks.

CreamCheese    0

I love skyrim. Beat it on xbox a long time ago and now I'm playing it on pc. I don't have a favorite race. As for weapons, I prefer weapons over magic, with my favorite weapon being the bow. My favorite spell is clarvoyance, as I have a terrible knack for getting lost.

Elvode    38

My favorite race is probably Argonian cause they have a very unique design.

I prefer using bows but some melee weapons are always nice for close combat.

I love using the fire spells cause you can do a lot with fire, like sneak attacks.

I favor myself... :D I don't really care for stormcloaks or imperials, I think they are standing in my way of success. :cool:

I'm not obsessed with skyrim, I feel it's quite boring but it's nice to play if I have a lot of time to spend, I do like that I can explore places and do whatever I want.

FireSong    83

Skyrim thread!

My favorite race isn't playable, but I have a lot of Bretons, Bosmer, Argonians, and Redguards. I have a small set of 'standard' characters, but tend to end up with at least one or more of every playable race.

I like to buildcraft a lot, so I have a few different builds. Right now my mains are a sort of 'arcane ranger' where I use Conjuration, Archery, and Single-Handed dual-wielding together; a very classic paladin with Heavy Armor, mace, and Restoration magic; and a thief styled character who alternates between sneaky utility type abilities and becoming a werewolf.

As for the Civil War... neither! I've modded it so that I can join the Forsworn and ignore the Civil War quest as much as possible. With luck, someone will make a mod that lets you make peace between the factions.

I'm not sure if I'd still be playing without the modding community, but with mods you can pretty much make the game into whatever you want, which makes it very fun to keep experimenting with.

Bootrear    1

Gods I just got this game back and have played 13 hours in two days.

Send help.

I normally play as an Argonion because of the water breathing (though my latest character is a Kajiit).

I typically favor the bow and sneaking because I'm not very skilled and it gets me killed the least. I also like conjuration and giving my follower of choice (usually Faendel) a stabbing implement to put a barrier between me and the enemy. If I have to fight something like a boss or an enemy has found me, I like to spellsword-ing (spellax-ing?)

I honestly hate that you have to choose between the stormcloaks and imperials because I hate both of them. Stormcloaks are a bunch of conservative, racist, jerks that remind me of Trump supporters. Their slogan should be "make skyrim great again" but it's already pretty bad with "Skyrim for the Nords"

The imerials are at least a little more inclusive, but they're still not great.

I say torch 'em both.

Normally I pick Imperial.

FireSong    83
Gods I just got this game back and have played 13 hours in two days.

Send help.

I typically favor the bow and sneaking because I'm not very skilled and it gets me killed the least. I also like conjuration and giving my follower of choice (usually Faendel) a stabbing implement to put a barrier between me and the enemy. If I have to fight something like a boss or an enemy has found me, I like to spellsword-ing (spellax-ing?)

I'd send help but, honestly, I have a similar problem.

Choosing a good follower is important! My paladin character has trouble with followers, because the default AI wants them to tank, but I am clearly the tank in this situation. I usually go with a good mage follower since that has good balance with a lot of playstyles.

Velvet Wings    186

My favorite race is khajiit because I can make it look most like how I identify. :p Other races I like are dark elf and argonian, I've never played as anything other then those three.

I favor stealth with a bow or dagger and use magic to help conceal me or summon creatures to fight for me.

I tend to dislike combat. I'd much rather find a nice ledge somewhere to hide on and pick my enemies off with a bow, or sneak up behind them and take them out with a dagger in one shot. When that fails, retreat, hide somewhere and let my minions pick them off for me. :p

I've never done the civil war questline so favor neither side.

cervidfae    4

I love Skyrim. I'm always Khajiit or Argonian. Animal people > human people.

I typically prefer magic, but I also dual wield swords and my archery is up way high. I prefer to fight from a distance for some reason. But when you dual wield swords you can deal with up-close problems real quick.

As far as Imperials or Stormcloaks? I stay out of it. I want nothing to do with it.

FireSong    83

How about some new questions!

What's everyone's favorite faction and/or faction questline?

Daedric quests or no Daedric quests?

What's your favorite artifact?

Quxyun    132

Oooooooh! Skyrim is my favorite game, so much so that I speedrun it occasionally, (my best time is about 1:45 minutes, which is a bit slow but pretty decent).

My favorite race is a bit of a split for me. I like Imperials because they are just an all around good race AND they get bonus gold, so I usually make a merchant character around that. I also love the argonians. They are a great race with good resistances, and I love the aesthetic for them, so I play a lot of argonians.

Now as for what my preferred playstyle is, currently I have an argonian sneak/illusion mage. This is an interesting playstyle because it can go a number of different ways. You can use fury spells to get rid of enemies, use calm spells to avoid conflict altogether (which also helps you pickpocket your enemies). Or you can do like I am doing, run around in nothing but ragged trousers, cast muffle and then invisibility to make yourself look like a ghost, and then sneakily take out your opponents with a dagger (perhaps enchanted with absorb health and fire damage). My favorite spell is probably the muffle spell. It may not seem that helpful, but it is incredibly useful for sneaky builds, and it's a great way to level up your illusion, just run around and cast muffle.

I usually side with the imperials out of personal preference, (and the fact that one of the bigger speedrunning skips requires you to go with Hadvar to get out of Helgen). In my opinion, with the lore of the game preceding the events of Skyrim, the Stormcloaks lack vision. Yeah, they may be able to push the Imperials out of Skyrim, that is entirely possible, but the Imperials are one of the few things keeping the Aldmeri Dominion out. If the Stormcloaks win, then the elves get what they want and they take over Skyrim. The Stormcloaks fight for the freedom of the people of Skyrim, but they do so in such a way that ensures their slavery. If the Imperials win, then it gives the Aldmeri Dominion no reason to take over Skyrim since they have influence over it still, but the people of Skyrim can live on in relative peace. Furthermore, I just don't like Ulfric.

I'm gonna put one of my favorite glitchy strategies to become incredibly overpowered under a cut, so that way anyone who doesn't want to break their game and become god doesn't have to read it.

[spoiler=Fortify restoration glitch]

So as the title suggests, this is a glitch having to do with fortify restoration. There is a bit of setup that you need to do. Gather as many blue butterfly wings, abacean longfins, snowberries, salt piles, wheat, creep clusters, and giant's toes as you can, you will want a lot. Find yourself a piece of armor that has the fortify alchemy enchant on it, and 2 each of unenchanted gauntlets, helmets, necklaces, and rings. You will also want 8 soul gems, but they can be petty soul gems.

First, make yourself a kinda lame set of fortify alchemy gear by disenchanting the other thing and enchanting 4 pieces of armor with that enchant, (helmet, gauntlets, ring, necklace). Now you want to mix creep clusters with wheat and giant's toe. The only reason for this is because it makes a really expensive potion, and your alchemy levels up based on the value of the potion created, so you will level up a lot. Put points into Alchemist (as many as you can), Physician, and benefactor. Any leftover points that you have can be put into the enchanting tree, but make sure to grab insightful enchanter and as many points of enchanter as you can.

Now you want to mix ONE abacean longfin with ONE salt pile. It is important that you only make one. Now what you want to do is unequip all your armor, drink that potion, and then re-equip your armor. Make another of those potions, unequip your armor, drink the potion, re-equip, repeat. When you get to a potion that says "fortify restoration increased by (some 5 digit number)%", you are going to want to make multiple potions like that. That is in case you mess up and you need to start over, you will have something to rebuild from. When your armor is showing a ridiculously high fortify alchemy enchant, you are going to want to create a couple fortify restoration potions as well as mixing the blue butterfly wings with the snowberries multiple times. That will make a fortify enchanting potion.

Now you go to the enchanting table, drink the fortify enchanting potion and enchant another set with fortify alchemy. (if it is showing buggy results, such as only showing "fortify alchemy by 8%", drink a fortify restoration potion and then a fortify enchanting potion. From there, you can create fortify enchanting potions of ridiculous strength, fortify smithing potions of ridiculous strength, etcetera. You are now god.

Warning. If any item shows a negative value, don't sell it or use it, just drop it into a sack somewhere and leave it. That will absolutely ruin your game.

Melancholy    0

I usually play as a Khajiit or Argonian, and I like to build stealth based characters that use either daggers or bows, and light armor. My most recent character I've built differently though, he's an Argonian that I'm using heavy armor and swords with, I'm making him evil and I'm hoping to eventually get him Daedric armor. I'm also training him up in magic, I've been using a lot of destruction magic with him. Usually he fights with sword in one hand, and flames in the other.

I usually favour stormcloaks, but this run I'm making him an imperial, because I feel like it suits his evil nature better.

Mirath    284
How about some new questions!

What's everyone's favorite faction and/or faction questline?

Daedric quests or no Daedric quests?

What's your favorite artifact?

Good questions.

Even though I love the Dark Brotherhood quest line is my favourite, I love the look of the Nightingale Armour from the Theives Guild. And also... Well, the power to become a werewolf with the Companions.

Sheogorath had a great Daedric Quest, but the so did Molag Bal

Wabbajack. Do I need a reason?