Status Updates disabled - ๐Ÿ“ฐโ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ย News & Announcements - Kinmunity Jump to content

Status Updates typically produce content of low quality, which are then artificially reacted to by users. They are isolated to user profiles and aren't typically advertised elsewhere. They're also typically buried as other content is created and reacted to. Going forward, status updates will be disabled. Please see our guidelines regarding the reaction system.

• Like 1

Naia "Shiro" ลŒkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

ย 

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

ย 

Why get rid of status updates entirely? Can't the reaction system be disabled on status updates as opposed to doing away with statuses themselves?

• Like 2

*โ™ฅโ™กโˆž:๏ฝก.๏ฝกย ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐’ธ๐“€ ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’น๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“€ ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ!ย ๏ฝก.๏ฝก:โˆžโ™ก*โ™ฅ

โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* ๐“Ÿ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐“ฐ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ผ!ย *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง

Webp.net-resizeimage.gif.32dc7dd8c38d88247b42ca57d90aa732.gif

5 minutes ago, Effervescent-Daydream said:

Why get rid of status updates entirely? Can't the reaction system be disabled on status updates as opposed to doing away with statuses themselves?

Itโ€™s more complicated than just disabling the reaction system on status updates unfortunately. This is the cleanest way to not have the issue of the reaction system on status updates, and especially since the status updates donโ€™t add much to the site and wind up buried, itโ€™s not a huge loss.

If there is overwhelming support for having status updates, we might be inclined to revisit this decision, but as it stands, I think this decision was fine, personally.

• Like 4

- panthera onca -

Just now, Jethero said:

Itโ€™s more complicated than just disabling the reaction system on status updates unfortunately. This is the cleanest way to not have the issue, and especially since the status updates donโ€™t add much to the site and wind up buried, itโ€™s not a huge loss.

If there is overwhelming support for having status updates, we might be inclined to revisit this decision, but as it stands, I think this decision was fine, personally.

Ok I suppose, but I thought they were a really nice place to post short (though still interesting) things that may not have warranted an entire blog or forum post.ย 

• Like 1

*โ™ฅโ™กโˆž:๏ฝก.๏ฝกย ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐’ธ๐“€ ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’น๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“€ ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ!ย ๏ฝก.๏ฝก:โˆžโ™ก*โ™ฅ

โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* ๐“Ÿ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐“ฐ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ผ!ย *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง

Just now, Effervescent-Daydream said:

Ok I suppose, but I thought they were a really nice place to post short (though still interesting) things that may not have warranted an entire blog or forum post.ย 

I totally understand, though I will add that you can always post those thoughts to the IRC or discord chat instead, if that helps with where those kinds of small thoughts can go instead.

- panthera onca -

Iโ€™m sure this decision was made to encourage others to use the discord or Kinmunity IRC, and to encourage more quality posts! It wasnโ€™t made out of bad intent, itโ€™s just there are other ways to express small thoughts here. The posts do get buried with time anyways! All will be well though I can assure myself and others ^.=.^

• Like 2

Do you think that we can make a new topic too post our Status in one place?ย  It is nice to say something that's short, and not really intended for replies, or whatever, and have a place to post it...ย  I am not too sure what was wrong with them, or what happened, but I do not think that it is a bad idea to make a new topic for itย ๐Ÿ˜Š

I say that with respect with the choice that has been made...ย  : )

โ™ฅ From your loving Grey Wolf - Cleo/FoxChi ย โ™ฅ

1620002401_frickenadorable!(3).jpg.c47786d199ee6311f7d76fe06ad913b3.jpg

Based on feedback,ย we will be evaluating ways to bring back statuses (without reactions) in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

Naia "Shiro" ลŒkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

ย 

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

ย 

Just now, Naia said:

Based on feedback,ย we will be evaluating ways to bring back statuses (without reactions) in the near future.

Glad to hear it, thank you for taking us all into consideration! โค๏ธย 

• Like 1

I donโ€™t think any of the staff inherently had an issue with statuses, we just want to have reactions used in the right places. I think the best thing we could do would be to 1) have the statuses be in a designated place on a profile (not mixed with the activity feed where theyโ€™re bound to get lost, and 2) not have reactions enabled.

Taking care of all that could take some time, so please be patient with us while we work out a fix for all that!

• Like 2

- panthera onca -

2 minutes ago, Jethero said:

1) have the statuses be in a designated place on a profile (not mixed with the activity feed where theyโ€™re bound to get lost

That's a good idea.ย  Then we can look back at our status

*looking back at the status's* "Ahhh.... memories..."

jk, but still.ย  good idea!

• Like 1

โ™ฅ From your loving Grey Wolf - Cleo/FoxChi ย โ™ฅ

1620002401_frickenadorable!(3).jpg.c47786d199ee6311f7d76fe06ad913b3.jpg

9 minutes ago, FoxChi said:

That's a good idea.ย  Then we can look back at our status

*looking back at the status's* "Ahhh.... memories..."

jk, but still.ย  good idea!

I also love this idea! ^-^

• Like 1