do you have any hobbies that relate to you kin type? - 💬​​​​​​​ Chit Chat - Kinmunity Jump to content

do you have any hobbies that relate to you kin type?

do you have any hobbies that relate to you kin type?  e.g. say, your a bunny, and your hobby is gardening.  Or a cheetah, and you like running.

I'm a grey wolf, and I enjoy hunting! :LoveBone:

From your loving Grey Wolf - Cleo/FoxChi  

1620002401_frickenadorable!(3).jpg.c47786d199ee6311f7d76fe06ad913b3.jpg

I'm an all mighty magical warrior king! (Sort of) 

I'm a tai chi instructor, which actually is a martial art. Though honestly it's just a beginner class, mostly for seniors, so it's more about teaching them not to fall down than it is about making other people fall down. They love it when I get martial though, and since the art doesn't require physical strength to be effective, almost anyone can do it. It's got elements of healing and "magic" as well. It's the closest thing you can get to being a Jedi at the higher levels. 

My avatar over there is a screenshot from the game, Warframe. That's the Egyptian-themed frame with the Horus helmet. Run fast, kill stuff, what's not to like? (Except maybe the fact that playing too long wrecks my shoulder. So I've been trying to stay off of it lately.) 

I also enjoy strategy builder games like Frostpunk, Rimworld, and Planetbase.  (Currently avoiding for the same reason.)

I'm looking forward to the delivery of my Oculus Rift next week so I can have some fun slicing cubes with lightsabers in Beat Saber. (At least it's exercise, right? Might even be good for my shoulders.) 

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

I'm a Heru. No, not that one. 

@Shezep  That's really cool!  I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.  Is it similar?  And that is cool!

Edited by FoxChi
all caps oops...

From your loving Grey Wolf - Cleo/FoxChi  

1620002401_frickenadorable!(3).jpg.c47786d199ee6311f7d76fe06ad913b3.jpg

I participate in Vulture Culture, gardening, and am looking to start hunting and doing taxidermy eventually! I used to do martial arts too, however it's just not my thing so I stopped doing it not too long ago. I also play games a lot, though I tend to play games like MineCraft and WolfQuest more than other types.

And studying! Studying things I'm interested in, anyway, not school-wise - I study a lot in psychology and biology via the internet whenever I can, it's really interesting!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."

~ host Daniel {} origin Dee {} caretaker Nate {} 8D / 8B ~

pfp : Ken Walker

@FoxChi Tai Chi doesn't go to the ground like Jiu Jitsu does. You could think of it like stand up wrestling, though that doesn't exactly describe it either. We do get up close and use circular movements and leverage rather than straight forward attacks and blocks. On the outside, it doesn't look like we're doing anything, but we use a lot of tricks, both physical and mental, to store energy throughout our bodies to be released in an instant. Real high level Tai Chi looks fake, like the person just fell down or went flying for no reason. It is possible to throw someone across the room using very little physical force. And if that energy is directed down instead of out, it ends very badly for the other guy. 

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

I'm a Heru. No, not that one. 

I do wrestling, MMA, hiking and wilderness survival training, all of which help me connect to my wolf theriotype, and oddly enough forensics helps too. Working out seems to help me with species dysphoria, since having a more powerful body is good for a wolf. 

I feel like kind of an outlier here tbh, I don't think any of my hobbies are related to my kintype. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*♥♡∞:。.。 𝒞𝓁𝒾𝒸𝓀 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓈! 。.。:∞♡*♥

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓟𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓽𝓼! *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Webp.net-resizeimage.gif.32dc7dd8c38d88247b42ca57d90aa732.gif