Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

MoreThanUThink

implemented
'Mood' Badge

Just a little idea, could we have mood badges? Where we can choose an emoticon to display our current mood on our avatar(or somewhere in our profile page)?

This can be a little decorative item, and can come in handy at times.

Sounds like a good idea. Building on that, what about having it as a drop down list, as some emoticons can be hard to interpret?

Sounds like a good idea. Building on that, what about having it as a drop down list, as some emoticons can be hard to interpret?

I totally agree! The only problem is that someone might spam the drop down.

Do you mean typed?

I totally agree! The only problem is that someone might spam the drop down.

Do you mean typed?

Yeah, typed words, sorry. Or, if you want to keep the emoticons, maybe have it as a pre-set list, with the associated mood in brackets?

I think Moods should be icons with words (a preset list - but Gold VIPs can pick and choose icons from the list and write anything).

Having it just words would be pointless, titles already are a thing.

I think Moods should be icons with words (a preset list - but Gold VIPs can pick and choose icons from the list and write anything).

True. Oh, I know, you could pick whether you wanted emoticons, words, or both to show

Well my original idea was for a badge like icon, with a little face in it. Maybe we can make it that Silver VIP can choose any icon, and Gold can type Custom Messages?

Well my original idea was for a badge like icon, with a little face in it. Maybe we can make it that Silver VIP can choose any icon, and Gold can type Custom Messages?
I kinda feel custom icons will be problematic.

Maybe, but then what of those who don't want to pay for VIP status? Unless VIPs have a more varied choice of icons?

All I can now think of, is if you want to put something up to say your mood, but then you don't want to explain it further when asked over and over again

In addition: yes, stupid question, but sometimes even the daft questions need to be asked

Maybe one word explanations? Eg. Sleepy

Okay, how's this for a finalised idea: Little badge icon with a face emoticon inside, and one word underneath to describe it.

This will most likely be implemented, as I already have a way to do so. I am researching some bug fixes for the implementation I am using, and once they're effective, I will be adding this. We will be using custom emoticons, with text beside them explaining the mood. If you need to post more information about how you feel than that, we have status updates. :)

Thank you Shiro. The basic forum smileys weren't great anyway, so knowing the mood icons will be different is helpful.