Sign In Bug - 📰​​​​​​​ News & Announcements - Kinmunity Jump to content

As many of you are likely aware there is currently a bug making it difficult for users to log in to Kinmunity.

On logging in to the site you are then asked to create a new account with a new username/email. Upon doing so you are then able to log back in to your usual account.

We realise this is causing a lot of difficulties/confusion and apologise for the inconvenience. I'm sure Naia will have this issue fixed as soon as she is able!
If you are accessing the site through a secure, private device it may be best to avoid logging out in order to avoid complications, however if you are on a shared/public computer this is obviously not advised.

To help us clean up any duplicate accounts while this bug is going on, each time you need to make a new account please reply below with the alternate username you have created (those who already posted names in the bug thread need not repeat them). Alternatively create easy to identify usernames (i.e. velvet_secondaccount1, velvet_secondaccount2, etc...). I'll try to delete dupe accounts asap to allow you to reuse your alt emails if you need to repeat this process.

Again we're very sorry for the inconvenience and we hope this issue will be fixed soon!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Useful 1

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

Guest Also_Cottontail

hi, alt of @Cottontail here! /(≧ x ≦)\

This bug should now be fixed!

If you are still experiencing the bug please clear your cache and cookies, you should then be able to log in as normal.
Things may look slightly off around the site as the theme was disabled during the bug fixing process, however you should be able to use the site normally and KM will get back to looking it's old self soon!

A huge thank you to @Naia for fixing things. :heartj:

Velvet, Community Manager :teeheej:
If you need any help, have questions or would just like to chat please feel free to send me a message!

Kinmunity's Library | Our Staff Team | Help DocumentsSupport Requests

I'm back!

Thank you all!

Double-Crested Cormorant | Anhinga | Pachycephalosaurus

there is always a way - you just need to find it - if you can't find the way, make the way

Apologies for the late fix, I've been sick and was in the hospital. All is well now. Pro-Tip: Never write code when you're not feeling well and giving your all, a small enhancement gone wrong could cause a massive headache causing bug. 😜

• Like 1

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

5 minutes ago, Naia said:

Apologies for the late fix, I've been sick and was in the hospital. All is well now. Pro-Tip: Never write code when you're not feeling well and giving your all, a small enhancement gone wrong could cause a massive headache causing bug. 😜

I'm really sorry, are you doing any better now? :'D 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif

5 minutes ago, Naia said:

Apologies for the late fix, I've been sick and was in the hospital. 

yikes!  I am sorry to hear you were in the hospital!  Are you feeling better?

@Effervescent-Daydream pffft we posted like the same thing at the same time XD

From your loving Grey Wolf - Cleo/FoxChi  

1620002401_frickenadorable!(3).jpg.c47786d199ee6311f7d76fe06ad913b3.jpg

1 minute ago, Effervescent-Daydream said:

I'm really sorry, are you doing any better now? :'D 

1 minute ago, FoxChi said:

yikes!  I am sorry to hear you were in the hospital!  Are you feeling better?

I am, yes. Going to be working on some things later today for KM. 

• Like 1

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

@Naia Well, dont over work yourself!!  You are a hard worker and deserve some rest.  :Love:

From your loving Grey Wolf - Cleo/FoxChi  

1620002401_frickenadorable!(3).jpg.c47786d199ee6311f7d76fe06ad913b3.jpg

4 minutes ago, Naia said:

I am, yes. Going to be working on some things later today for KM. 

Glad you're doing better, welcome back! ^-^ Remember to stay hydrated!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CanIchangeThisNow.gif.3cc132fc36ffefb29c4d6749edcd9e2e.gif