Welcome to Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, the other-hearted, vampires, plural systems, and others with non-human identities. By signing up, you'll be able to participate in the largest and most active otherkin community on the internet. We provide forums, personal profiles, blogs, an image gallery, and a live chatroom to our registered members. Signing up is really fast, why not join us? All are welcome on Kinmunity!

Rexkin

Anime recommendations

65 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I'm only recently started to watch anime and was wondering if anyone here has specific ones that they would recommend.

I have seen: season 1 of sword art online, attack on titan and Hunter x Hunter (which was my favourite and highly recommend to everyone)

HxH was great. I do suggest Wolf's Rain, Ginga Densetsu Weed (it's a little old though. but it has dogs! lots of dogs.), Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Tokyo Ghoul. I've watched a whole lot of anime a year or so ago, but I can't remember any decent ones that stick out to me right now. Just so you know, HxH isn't over yet either, and new chapter is going to come out.... err, soon. The author hasn't set a date for the release yet.

I personally liked Gundam Wing, Shakugan no Shana, Ghost Hunt, Soul Eater, or Fairy Tale. Gundam Wing is centered around mechas (giant robots) and war, Shakugan no Shana and Ghost Hunt are centered around paranormal stuff, and Soul Eater and Fairy Tale are great if you like to laugh.

It all depends on what themes or genres you like. I for one like Case Closed (a mystery show), Sgt. Frog (comedy), Kino's Journey (thought-provoking), Watamote (a "comedy") and the Wandering Son (slice of life/drama). There's so many more shows.

I like Fruits Basket (Furuba), but the manga is way better.

Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, X 1999, Outlaw Star, FLCL and Trigun are my favorites. I also second Fullmetal Alchemist, it hits you in the feels though.

Also, check out Hulu. It has tons of anime from popular to obscuere and most of it is free.

Not sure if you'll like any of these, but some of my personal faves are Ouran High School Host Club, Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji), Another (a psychological horror and a bit gorey so beware), Madoka Magica (sad as hell, but has an amazing blend of artistic styles), Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (psychological horror again, part of a larger series), and Psycho Pass.

There's more, but some have already been listed by the people above me, and some I just can't remember right now.

If you like horror and suspense, try Another, Boogiepop Phantom, Chaos;Head, and Danganronpa. For fans of Cowboy Bebop, there is Baccano! Keep in mind that they are quite violent. Steins;Gate is an amazing anime that everyone should see, especially if you enjoy scifi. There's also a new version of Ushio and Tora airing right now. There are a few that I haven't gotten to yet, but I have under good authority are quite good:

Durarara!!

Gingitsune

Natsume's Book of Friends

Persona 4 the Animation

Persona 4 the Golden Animation

I am a simple dragn with simple tastes in my anime. Give me some Gundam particularly 8th MS or Gundam 00 or give me the really old super robot shows or those that parody them aka Getta Robo, Grendizer, etc.

I am a simple dragn with simple tastes in my anime. Give me some Gundam particularly 8th MS or Gundam 00 or give me the really old super robot shows or those that parody them aka Getta Robo, Grendizer, etc.

I haven't watched it yet, but have you checked out Robotics;Notes? It's supposed to be quite good.

If you're still looking for recommendations, here are my suggestions!

- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (NOT the early 2000's version, dear god. That version of the show was a mess and completely off from the original comic both in story and feel)

- Mononoke

- Princess Mononoke and any other Miyazaki films

- Summer Wars (another movie)

- The Devil Is A Part Timer

- Samurai Champloo

- Cowboy Bebop

- Wolf's Rain

- YuYu Hakusho

- Kill la Kill

- Ghost Stories. You gotta watch the American dub, though, or else it sucks. The American dub is sooo effing funny, when I first started watching it I thought it was a joke. I would have bet money that it was an abridged version, but it's not! It's legit, 100% licensed.

And more, but that's probably enough for now lol. If you ever want any more, just let me know!

- Summer Wars (another movie)

Oh, I didn't consider movies! Summer Wars is great. Another film by the same director/studio is Wolf Children, which I suggest with all due seriousness. It's one of the stories that tops my list of "kin-related narratives." If anyone here has not watched it, you owe it to yourself to do so as soon as possible.

Oh, I didn't consider movies! Summer Wars is great. Another film by the same director/studio is Wolf Children, which I suggest with all due seriousness. It's one of the stories that tops my list of "kin-related narratives." If anyone here has not watched it, you owe it to yourself to do so as soon as possible.

Are they really by the same studio? I had no idea, what a neat little fact! I've never seen wolf children, but it looks like a beautiful movie and I really like the subject material, plus the animation looks awesome. The previews gave me chills. Def one of the top things on my list of stuff to watch.

Are they really by the same studio? I had no idea, what a neat little fact! I've never seen wolf children, but it looks like a beautiful movie and I really like the subject material, plus the animation looks awesome. The previews gave me chills. Def one of the top things on my list of stuff to watch.

Yep! Mamoru Hosoda wrote and directed both, with Madhouse handling the animation.

We never got to see Summer Wars from start to finish, as we were only able to catch it on Funimation Channel a couple times, before our cable company stopped carrying it. It is the next Bluray on our wish list, however. I love the avatars, especially the bunny. n.n;

Yep! Mamoru Hosoda wrote and directed both, with Madhouse handling the animation.

We never got to see Summer Wars from start to finish, as we were only able to catch it on Funimation Channel a couple times, before our cable company stopped carrying it. It is the next Bluray on our wish list, however. I love the avatars, especially the bunny. n.n;

DEFINITELY worth getting it. It actually does manage to get a little tense and the overall story telling is pretty good. Plus. well, awesome animation and unique character designs. I agree, the avatars are really cool and I love the virtual world. When you have a chance to watch it all the way through, def tell me what you think!

I watch anime series every now and again, and there are a few that I could recommend.

-Hetalia (it's great, the English Dub....countries anthropomorphized as people! Hilarity ensues)

-Shin Chan (it's really juvenile, but I like it)

-Paranoia Agent (it is one helluva mind#!@*)

-Paprika (it's a movie, and a well done one at that)

I was going to recommend some, but it seems all of the ones I can think of have already been mentioned. xD

I am a huge sucker for the original Yu-Gi-Oh series. It's my main fandom and I love it so much I can't recommend it more whole-heartedly. I can admit it's kind of bad, but it's in a loveable sort of way. Granted my partners like to tell me my aesthetic is literally everything bad.

As far as other recommendations and some newer series try:

Shokugeki no Soma - Food Wars!

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Deadman Wonderland

My Bride is a Mermaid

>Devil is a Part Timer

>Blue Exorcist

>My Bride is a Mermaid

>Attack on Titan

>Hetalia

>Junjou Romantica

>Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi

There are a bunch more but I cannot think of them right now. :p

• Death Note - I'm currently rewatching it. It's a fantastic "reverse" mystery, where you know who the killer is and the captor, but they have to find each other without knowing anything except what's actually happening. It's pure brilliance.
  • A Certain Scientific Railgun - Some kids with minor superpowers are in a school to train and master them. Or at least that's the plot if I can recall correctly. It was pretty involving.
  • A Certain Magical Index - It actually ties in a little bit with Scientific Railgun above, and some characters bleed through into it. Both animes are charming but intense at times.
  • Azumanga Daioh - Another classic. An adorable series of episodes following the exploits of young middle school girls. So dang adorable and often times hilarious.
  • Elfen Lied - (It may be pronounced "Leed.") - A girl with invisible psionic tentacles wrecks people that she loves, and can't get close to anyone. It's extremely intense, but at times terrifyingly touching.

Shokugeki no Soma - Food Wars!
Yes. This. Absolutely. I just finished it up until episode 24 or so, and it really is quite fantastic. I've never seen so much passion put into food before. If you like to cook, it's almost impossible not to at least pick up a few tricks.

I don't know your taste since you only mentioned three animes, but I'm going to recommend you straight quality shows: Knights of Sidonia, Serial Experiments Lain, .hack//SIGN, AIR, and Nagi no Asukara. I also wholeheartedly agree with others recommendations of Another, Higurashi (also check Umineko), Kill la Kill, Azumanga Daioh, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. (sorry have no idea why everything is bolded, I can't change it)