Login Issues - πŸ“°β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹Β News & Announcements - Kinmunity Jump to content

On 05/14/2019, a bug was introduced to Kinmunity that prevented many users from logging in. This bug was the result of code that was added to Kinmunity in order to restrict certain features (like KinSpots and Howls) to members who are over the age of sixteen. The action to assess their age and move them to the appropriate usergroup was being performed before login was completed, resulting in a temporary account being made where the user was required to "complete the profile" before they could use the site. This resulted in mass confusion and trouble accessing the site. This bug has been resolved and the temporary accounts have been deleted.

If for some reason you are still having trouble logging in (although you shouldn't!), please perform the following steps:

1. Clear your cookies and cache in your browser settings. (click here if you need help with that)
  2. Attempt to login using your original Kinmunity account, not the duplicate(s) that you may have created.
  3. If this does not work, please perform the "Forgot Password" procedure on the login page, and then login with your new password.

This bug has no security connotation for users; no user data was exposed to any party. It simply caused a huge headache and made use of the site difficult. I apologize that it took a week to fix; I was unavailable due to my health for a period of time. I hope everyone continues to enjoy the site!

• Like 2

Naia "Shiro" Ōkami (keybase)
Site Administrator & Founder

Β 

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

Β 

5 minutes ago, Naia said:

On 05/14/2019, a bug was introduced to Kinmunity that prevented many users from logging in. This bug was the result of code that was added to Kinmunity in order to restrict certain features (like KinSpots and Howls) to members who are over the age of sixteen. The action to assess their age and move them to the appropriate usergroup was being performed before login was completed, resulting in a temporary account being made where the user was required to "complete the profile" before they could use the site. This resulted in mass confusion and trouble accessing the site. This bug has been resolved and the temporary accounts have been deleted.

If for some reason you are still having trouble logging in (although you shouldn't!), please perform the following steps:

1. Clear your cookies and cache in your browser settings. (click here if you need help with that)
  2. Attempt to login using your original Kinmunity account, not the duplicate(s) that you may have created.
  3. If this does not work, please perform the "Forgot Password" procedure on the login page, and then login with your new password.

This bug has no security connotation for users; no user data was exposed to any party. It simply caused a huge headache and made use of the site difficult. I apologize that it took a week to fix; I was unavailable due to my health for a period of time. I hope everyone continues to enjoy the site!

Dear Naia,

Thank you for fixing this bug. Several people have been saying it was causing some problems. I'm sorry that this happened.

You're doing a wonderful job. I'm also saddened to hear that you've been ill. Best prayers and energy to you and hope you get better soon and stay healthy. Remember, health is wealth my friend.

Take as much as you need to so you can get better. Be it time, energy, days, and extra shifts πŸ™‚β€οΈ btw it's nice to meet you. I'm Elshara.

• Friendly 1

You did an awesome job Naia! I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling good lately, so I hope you get plenty of rest and you feel better very soon! Thank you for all that you do for us and all that you do to keep Kinmunity running! Keep staying strong friend! ^.=.^ πŸ‰πŸŒŒπŸ€—